Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He hasnt been worthy of a place since 2010.

Do not wish anything ill towards him just want hi out the way.

He just has not been a good influence in the dressing room and often lays seeds of discontent with the staff especially the Fitness staff.

I personally think he lost it when he bulked up in terms of muscle.  He just lost something.

Memory of him is scoring that Hattrick on the first day of the season against Man City.

He also sums up the Oneil Period at Villa.  Started off well and promised a lot but in the end a big let down.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

If and when Gabby does leave, our next highest current top scorer(s) will be Jordan Ayew and Leandro Bacuna on 7 apiece :o  Gabby has 85.

wasnt Ciaran Clark our 2nd highest scorer in squad after Gabby last season :lol: :o

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

wasnt Ciaran Clark our 2nd highest scorer in squad after Gabby last season :lol: :o

Yep. With 10 followed by Sinclair on 9.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

If and when Gabby does leave, our next highest current top scorer(s) will be Jordan Ayew and Leandro Bacuna on 7 apiece :o  Gabby has 85.

Just a clear indication how stats can be misleading.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOF said:

Is this an attempt to defend him? Sorry if I'm missing your point here- but how can you try to defend his strike rate in all seriousness  though his games to goals record leaves a lot to be desired IMO 

26 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Is this an attempt to defend him? Sorry if I'm missing your point here- but how can you try to defend his strike rate in all seriousness  though his games to goals record leaves a lot to be desired IMO 

No Dave, BOF just has a thing for all time Villa goalscorer stats.

Edited by VILLAMARV
used a lower case v on Villa and couldn't forgive myself
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BOF said:

RDM said Villa was a house that needed knocking down and rebuilding.

Stats like this show just how little there is to knock down and the scale of the rebuilding that's needed.

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Which is about what Gabby would have if he had been here as long as them which on his wages is a frankly shocking thought

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Which is about what Gabby would have if he had been here as long as them which on his wages is a frankly shocking thought

More examples of selective grabbing and convenient use of stats. The "average" is not what he scored every season is it? He also played a few seasons as a winger.

It would be just as easy to say, for arguments sake, if Gabby came here when he was at peak form for the same amount of time he would blow them out of the water. See how easy it is to manipulate "facts" which don't actually exist?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gabriel-agbonlahor/torenachminute/spieler/37148/plus/0?saison=&verein=405&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Double figures in almost 50 percent of first team action.

Season Competition First half Second half Extra time Total
  total: 40 42 2 84
15/16 Premier League Premier League - 1 - 1
14/15 Premier League Premier League 6 - - 6
13/14 Premier League Premier League 4 - - 4
12/13 Premier League Premier League 5 4 - 9
12/13 EFL Cup EFL Cup 1 1 1 3
11/12 FA Cup FA Cup - 1 - 1
11/12 Premier League Premier League 3 2 - 5
10/11 Premier League Premier League 1 2 - 3
10/11 EFL Cup EFL Cup 1 - - 1
10/11 Europa League Qualifiers Europa League Qualifiers 1 - - 1
09/10 Premier League Premier League 8 5 - 13
09/10 FA Cup FA Cup 1 - - 1
09/10 EFL Cup EFL Cup 1 1 - 2
08/09 Premier League Premier League 2 9 - 11
08/09 UEFA-Cup Qualifikation UEFA-Cup Qualifikation 1 - - 1
07/08 Premier League Premier League 2 9 - 11
06/07 Premier League Premier League 3 6 - 9
06/07 EFL Cup EFL Cup - - 1 1
05/06 Premier League Premier League - 1 -

Played almost 50 percent of matches as a "winger".

Matches as      
Left Wing 66 13 17
Centre Forward 60 13 5
Secondary Striker 28 5 3
Right Wing 7 1 -
Attacking Midfield 1 - -
Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

More examples of selective grabbing and convenient use of stats. The "average" is not what he scored every season is it? He also played a few seasons as a winger.

It would be just as easy to say, for arguments sake, if Gabby came here when he was at peak form for the same amount of time he would blow them out of the water. See how easy it is to manipulate "facts" which don't actually exist?

Season League FA Cup League Cup Europe Total
Division Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
Aston Villa 2005–06[74] Premier League 9 1 0 0 0 0 9 1
2006–07[75] Premier League 38 9 1 0 3 1 42 10
2007–08[76] Premier League 37 11 1 0 2 0 40 11
2008–09[77] Premier League 36 11 2 0 1 0 9[a] 1 48 12
2009–10[78] Premier League 36 13 2 1 6 2 2

0 46 16 2010–11[79] Premier League 26 3 3 0 2 1 1 1 32 5 2011–12[80] Premier League 33 5 2 1 1 0 36 6 2012–13[81] Premier League 28 9 1 0 4 3 33 12 2013–14[82] Premier League 30 4 0 0 1 0 31 4 2014–15[83] Premier League 34 6 2 0 0 0 36 6 2015–16[84] Premier League 15 1 1 0 2 0 18 1 Total 322 73 15 2 22 7 12 2 371 84

Wow, are you actually Gabby Jamaican-Villan? 

I have no idea why you have taken such offence at my post?  I am not trying to manipulate or use stats. I am simply stating what the facts are,  that if Gabby had only been here for the same length of time as Bacuna and Ayew he would have a similar goal tally which also concides with his contract as being the highest paid player at the club. 

The only reason his goal tally is so high is because he has been at the club for such a long time and as you correctly point out many years ago he had a few good seasons of reasonable (not brilliant bar maybe 2009/10) which get him to his total tally, but none of this is in the last 2 or 3 years when Bacuna and Ayew have been here. 

I really don't understand what I have said that is wrong or misleading,  I had no agenda I was merely comparing their record here with his in the same period. Sorry if this causes offence. 

Yours confused

Sidcow

It's happening. It is actually happening. You can pinpoint moments in players careers where it all just suddenly came crashing to an end. Collymore joining Oviedo springs to mind. The final step on the edge to oblivion. Gabby will never have it as good as he had it here, the (misguided) adulation, the salary, the profile, the 'Mr Aston Villa.'

If he is lucky he will eak out a journeyman career but I think his career is truly coming to an end. With little talent to fall back on he is two steps away from being 'that guy who used to play for Villa.'

What a shame it all had to end like this. 

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

the (misguided) adulation, the salary, the profile, the 'Mr Aston Villa.'

To be fair, the adulation came at fever pitch when he was scoring goals and tearing defenses apart so calling it misguided makes no sense. The salary came on the back of those performances and him being expected to kick on a be a huge part of the clubs future, the "Mr. Aston Villa" tag came as a combination of all the aforementioned things PLUS the fact that he grew up here.

You would think all those things would be obvious but what do I know?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, the adulation came at fever pitch when he was scoring goals and tearing defenses apart so calling it misguided makes no sense. The salary came on the back of those performances and him being expected to kick on a be a huge part of the clubs future, the "Mr. Aston Villa" tag came as a combination of all the aforementioned things PLUS the fact that he grew up here.

You would think all those things would be obvious but what do I know?

You are right. Misguided was the wrong word.

Â