Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

27 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

You could put money on him not to score and win!!

You'd never get the odds, bookie's aren't stupid ;)

4 hours ago, Ausvilla72 said:

If we sell Gabby. Who's gonna buy him on his wage?? If a team does decide to take him on, I would assume they will offer a much smaller wage deal and ask us to pay difference which will either cancel out the minimal transfer fee or at least reduce any money we get for him.

It'll cost us money to get rid of him. The club learned nothing from the MON era of having Sidwell, Beye, NRC etc. all on huge wages and not being able to sell them.  I think Gabby has 3.5 years left on a £65K a week deal. He's barely worth £6,500 a week.

Never ceases to amaze me how much we can read between the lines. One speculative article in the media (with no quotes) about us being willing to off-load him and one short quote from the manager saying he was unhappy that he was dropped. What professional player with appearance bonuses is happy at being dropped?

Having said that, I do hope we get rid but I would imagine it's highly unlikely we will unless we sponsor his wages.

Never ceases to amaze me how much we can read between the lines. One speculative article in the media (with no quotes) about us being willing to off-load him and one short quote from the manager saying he was unhappy that he was dropped. What professional player with appearance bonuses is happy at being dropped?

Having said that, I do hope we get rid but I would imagine it's highly unlikely we will unless we sponsor his wages.

It all depends on how you rate the player. If it was Ayew or Gil or dare I say Adama unhappy at being dropped they would garner widespread support here and the manager would be under scrutiny. When Gabby or N'Zogbia or even Hutton or Westwood do it they effectively become the devil incarnate. Everyone seems to have double standards.

Also, every time I see a post calling Gabby "fat" everything else in that post instantly loses credibility, if he's fat half the country is about to drop dead due to morbid obesity

45 minutes ago, choffer said:

And the manager didn't even say Gabby was unhappy.

In fact, he specifically said that he and gabby didn't have a problem, but for some reason the media left out that bit.

He was talking generally about players and hypothetically about if Gabby, or anybody, told him they wanted to leave the club.

I encourage everyone to watch the pre-Newcastle Presser where these quotes come from. Garde is very clear that, so far, Gabby hasn't done anything wrong in that respect.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

And the manager didn't even say Gabby was unhappy.

In fact, he specifically said that he and gabby didn't have a problem, but for some reason the media left out that bit.

He was talking generally about players and hypothetically about if Gabby, or anybody, told him they wanted to leave the club.

I encourage everyone to watch the pre-Newcastle Presser where these quotes come from. Garde is very clear that, so far, Gabby hasn't done anything wrong in that respect.

Managers very rarely do come out and say there's a problem, why would they? it just would not be in there best interest. However I do hope there is a problem and that Reme quite frankly does not fancy him  and come 12.01am  on 1-1-16 his Aston Villa career is done!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Managers very rarely do come out and say there's a problem, why would they? it just would not be in there best interest. However I do hope there is a problem and that Reme quite frankly does not fancy him  and come 12.01am  on 1-1-16 his Aston Villa career is done!

You're expecting someone to be so excited to sign Agbonlahor that they've stayed up until midnight to do so? 

Consider me skeptical. 

• Like 2

I hope he knuckles down, works hard and forces his way back into the team He's no world beater but could be the difference for us. he will offer more than Grealish or Sinclair. No one will come in for him cos of his wages. 

Come on Gabby it's over to you! 

To be honest, his stats are surprisingly decent for someone who's played predominantly as a winger. League only:

06/07 9 goals and 1 assist in 38 games (1 goal or assist every 332 minutes)
07/08 11 goals and 8 assists in 37 games (1 goal or assist every 173 minutes)
08/09 11 goals and 10 assists in 36 games (1 goal or assist every 149 minutes)
09/10 13 goals and 5 assists in 36 games (1 goal or assist every 171 minutes)
10/11 3 goals and 1 assist in 26 games (1 goal or assist every 398 minutes)
11/12 5 goals and 7 assists in 33 games (1 goal or assist every 230 minutes)
12/13 9 goals and 5 assists in 28 games (1 goal or assist every 156 minutes)
13/14 4 goals and 7 assists in 30 games (1 goal or assist every 222 minutes)
14/15 6 goals and 1 assist in 34 games (1 goal or assist every 384 minutes)
15/16 0 goals and 2 assists in 8 games (1 goal or assist every 282 minutes)

Has also been gradually getting worse, and I agree, he is woeful now.

Edited by Tom13

10 hours ago, meregreen said:

A choice of two turds.Perhaps we should avoid watching both.

This is where I am. I've been as vocal as anyone (bar maybe Dave J ;)) with my thoughts on Gabby, i hope this season is his last, but watching Sinclair is equally painful. 

Now of course, those two are not the only players we have capable of playing out on the left, but if it was a choice between the two I'd probably just go for Gabby. 

But as you say, its not a pleasant choice, both absolute turd. 

On 12/20/2015 at 09:12, meregreen said:

A choice of two turds.Perhaps we should avoid watching both.

At least Gabby isn't pushed off the ball by the wind from the flapping wings of a nearby bird. And he's actually genuinely a thread if he CBA. 

Â