Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Looks like he is definitely being forced out then.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

To be honest he has only himself to blame. As one of the senior players and highest earners he has been woeful. he thinks he is untouchable mr aston villa, but his time is up. 

I wouldn't get to excited because I can't imagine anyone matching his current salary. 

Sadly I think Gabby will see out his contract here. 

I wonder how many clubs will be tempted by a 3 goal a season sulking striker with a £60k a week wage.

its no surprise he's frankly woeful performances over not one, two but five seasons have caught up with him.

So it looks like Gabby, CNZ, Kozak and Senderos are going to be off loaded.

I wonder where they will all end up? I reckon Kozak at Celtic, Senderos back home to Switzerland, CNZ to the middle east and I reckon someone in the premier league will take Gabby which will no doubt result in him returning to Vila Park and scoring against us!

I'd be amazed if Gabby gets a PL gig. I would say Middle East, USA or China, but he doesn't seem like somebody who has the get-up-and-go required for that. I don't think we'll be able to shift him for a year or two, and then I think he'll retire.  

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

As controversial as it sounds, the best thing for Gabby to do is reject all offers and wind down his contract.

He will be perfectly happy to do that as well, he loves Birmingham and getting to sit on your arse for 65K per week sounds like a blinding gig to be honest. We may end up with a similar situation to Zigic at blues where we have a guy on a monster salary but can't get out of the championship

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KHV said:

He will be perfectly happy to do that as well, he loves Birmingham and getting to sit on your arse for 65K per week sounds like a blinding gig to be honest. We may end up with a similar situation to Zigic at blues where we have a guy on a monster salary but can't get out of the championship

Cant blame him, it was the club stupidly who offered him that deal. would you leave to go elsewhere for 25k less a week??

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant blame him, it was the club stupidly who offered him that deal. would you leave to go elsewhere for 25k less a week??

If I'm honest, if it were me I'd stay and just wind down the contract....but would try and make effort for the team though and give 110%

49 minutes ago, KHV said:

Absolutely. Why on earth would he leave? No PL club would take him, his wages wouldnt be close to what he's on now, he clearly has no ambition to achieve anything and his best days are long gone. I can see him retiring early at something like 31-32 and living quietly off his massive bank account out of the limelight.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Absolutely. Why on earth would he leave? No PL club would take him, his wages wouldnt be close to what he's on now, he clearly has no ambition to achieve anything and his best days are long gone. I can see him retiring early at something like 31-32 and living quietly off his massive bank account out of the limelight.

You don't see him becoming a pundit?

Â