Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

he is 10 times the player of Daryl Murphy who is one of better strikers in that division

You are kidding yes? He's not even as good as Daryl  Murphy let alone better than. Do you really think any town fan would wish to exchange  a regular goal scoring centre forward for a mis-firing striker who doesn't look like he could buy a goal. GA has one attribute over Murphy and that's pace IMO

• Like 1

Rather than wondering how good Gabby would be in the championship, I tend to think that it's because of crap like Gabby that we are heading to the championship. 

I would like him gone in the summer, irrelevant of what league we are in. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10102383/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-offers-gabby-agbonlahor-route-back-into-first-team

Garde said: "For Gabby and for the rest of the team, you know when you change manager, when you change the way of working, when things change maybe suddenly, you don't feel comfortable.

"I feel the choice is there for the moment, but when a player is not selected in the team, like Gabby is for the last time, obviously it creates a little bit of disagreement.

Remi Garde is ready to offer Agbonlahor a new start
Remi Garde is ready to offer Agbonlahor a new start

"But disagreements in life or mistakes in life are not definite. Sometimes with disagreements or mistakes you learn and then you say okay, have a discussion and then a new start."

• Like 2

19 hours ago, av1 said:

Rather than wondering how good Gabby would be in the championship, I tend to think that it's because of crap like Gabby that we are heading to the championship. 

I would like him gone in the summer, irrelevant of what league we are in. 

Even though he was a part of the teams finishing sixth consecutively and scoring goals? Come off it, there is more to it than Gabby ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even though he was a part of the teams finishing sixth consecutively and scoring goals? Come off it, there is more to it than Gabby ffs.

I agree, there is a lot more to our current predicament, most of which is for other threads. 

But in the main, its due to selling our better players, recruiting players that aren't good enough, and not shifting on players that don't come even close to justifying their salaries. Gabby falls into that last category in my opinion. 

Regarding my last sentence. Gabby has shown he is no longer good enough for the PL, and should we go down the club would need to be cutting costs, not throwing £60k pw (allegedly) at a striker that doesn't score goals. That could go on a few good championship players, or even a payrise to keep someone like Ayew, who actually looks like he cares.

As I say, I hope he leaves whatever division we find ourselves in. 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I read it as Garde having a heart to heart with Gabby and that he will give him a new start. 

I read it as gabby being a fat lazy sod and remi leaving the door open for him to get back in the squad if he gets himself in the condition he should be in. Gabby's choice, remi's way or a seat in the stands.

There a lot better options out there than Gabby Agbonlahor. But the depressing thing is, here and now, he's still one of our best options up front - the lack of numbers doesn't help admittedly but he's also a better option than Gestede, even going forward will have more of an impact than Kozak does and I worry Ayew will be off the second we're relegated.

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't see a way back for him this time, he's used up all his lives here.

There is a way back: Act like a professional and prove that he is good enough to at least play for the worst team in the league. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Your  kidding yourself he's never ever been prolific. I for one don't consider Scoring around 15 goals in a season prolific. And he wasn't the reason why we finished as you say 6th consecutively, this happened despite having him in the team, not because he was in the team. With all due respect your recalling  what was a very limited past IMO.

Lets just call it quits now,  get rid and let's all move on.

• Like 3

Gabby is everything you require from a top premier league striker. Just minus skill, a footballing brain, goals, assists, trophies and now even the only good thing he ever had 'pace' is winding down.

Loan him out to Wolves in 15 days. :)

• Like 4

If we sell Gabby. Who's gonna buy him on his wage?? If a team does decide to take him on, I would assume they will offer a much smaller wage deal and ask us to pay difference which will either cancel out the minimal transfer fee or at least reduce any money we get for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausvilla72 said:

If we sell Gabby. Who's gonna buy him on his wage?? If a team does decide to take him on, I would assume they will offer a much smaller wage deal and ask us to pay difference which will either cancel out the minimal transfer fee or at least reduce any money we get for him.

That's my worry. His ability doesn't come close to justifying his salary. 

Â