Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Percy is saying that Gabby will be sold in January if we receive a bid for him.  

He is staying with us then. ;) Why would he want to leave given the contract he is on with us? I very much doubt it would be to play first team football. 

Sell sell sell. No one would want to buy him anyway. Loan probably. He has gone stale here and even when we drop we really need 100% committed players in order to stand a chance of getting back up and quite simply I don't think he is and certainly hasn't been playing that way for a while under different management too. He has lost most of his useful attributes. 

To be fair, I heard Spurs are in for him. Apparently, the Groundsman said that Gabby did such a great job of replacing the divots at WHL during that first half earlier in the season that he wants him back on a permanent basis.

Does everyone agree that he should no longer be club captain?

Didn't he take a pay cut in exchange for a 4 year contract.

(I may be making this up) but I thought his £65 grand a week 2 year contract was replaced by a £32.5 grand a week 4 year contract with bonuses ?? 

Don't rate Gabby or particularly like him but I think it was good business by the club protecting an asset with a contract extension. However shit he is, he is a shit player on a 3 and a bit year contract as opposed to 18 months so hopefully can squeeze a few more pennies out of whatever sucker wants him. 

Can see him as a Pulis signing. Offer 12 million plus Gabby & Clark with extra bonuses for Berahino. That would be the perfect start to the new year ( aint gunna happen I know) 

Haha!

I have no idea what contract he is on but 4 years wouldn't surprise me from the idiots in charge of our club, but even if it was 6 months I really wouldn't know who would want him? 

It would be a step in the right direction though.

Pulis has always rated him and indeed West Brom signed Anchiebe for 6m who's been pretty useless for them so I think we could possibly get 3-4m for him.

As much as I've been a fan of him over the years he's outstayed his welcome here and wouldn't do anything for us in the championship imo so think moving him on is the correct decision from Garde. 

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pulis has always rated him and indeed West Brom signed Anchiebe for 6m who's been pretty useless for them so I think we could possibly get 3-4m for him.

As much as I've been a fan of him over the years he's outstayed his welcome here and wouldn't do anything for us in the championship imo so think moving him on is the correct decision from Garde. 

You might be right, but Pulis has recently stopped playing with a fast outlet in favour of workhorse wingers, and he has a better target man in Rondon. I don't see what Gabby offers that Berahino doesn't, and he can't get in the team. 

Â