Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

So, what would be the reaction on here if he was let go for no fee and us paying half or more of his wages for the remainder of his contract?

I personally think we'd be better off without him, if we ca replace him with a proper winger or a striker. All he ever had was his pace. He is still quick, but not enough that it makes up for his lack of ability. Add to that is his trouble with injuries and lack of fitness. 

He's hardly a disgrace guys. He ain't the best but if we're stupid enough to give him such a great contract he isn't going to be stupid enough to reject it. I'll wish him well, he has provided some fantastic memories over the years. He has just been found out the last few years as whatever talent he did have around him has now gone.

37 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

He's hardly a disgrace guys. He ain't the best but if we're stupid enough to give him such a great contract he isn't going to be stupid enough to reject it. I'll wish him well, he has provided some fantastic memories over the years. He has just been found out the last few years as whatever talent he did have around him has now gone.

He could at least **** try.

My abiding memories of him will be his pitiful stint as Captain under Mcleish where he hid for 3 months and his 45 minute 'performance' against Spurs.

That half against Spurs really was a turning point. New manager in the stands, chance to impress, he touches the ball less than ten times and is ridiculed by fellow professionals literally laughing at him at half-time on national TV. They always say first impressions are key - boy, did he **** his up. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That half against Spurs really was a turning point. New manager in the stands, chance to impress, he touches the ball less than ten times and is ridiculed by fellow professionals literally laughing at him at half-time on national TV. They always say first impressions are key - boy, did he **** his up. 

it was appalling but who would've done better when we consider the service? He got nothing. In our IMO best performance of the season Leicester Away he was instrumental in our game that day and stretched the play in a way in which none of other strikers can. 

Ayew looks better when he's not the only forward, so when it's not Gestede or as it appears unlikely to be Kozak, then Gabby should be ahead of Sinclair IMO. Like someonme else mentioned above he could be like our Heskey (don't laugh) and do the work for Ayew etc to profit from. *fingers crossed*

Mm. The service was shit but so was Gabby to be honest. He didn't get back and show for the ball. It could be argued that everyone was appalling that day, but Gabby was probably bottom of the heap. 

Unfortunately, the reality is that it's now nearly three seasons since he had a good run of form. It just isn't good enough, and we need to get rid of him. We can't carry him in the Championship (though we may well have to). 

Sorry to go against the grain here but we need to keep him. Bar an absolute shock, we'll be in the Championship next year and I think he could do a good job in that division. He may be finished at this level but he'd be useful to keep around in that league - if nothing else hopefully a bit of pride might come back to him if he can get us back up at the first attempt. 

I think it's pretty sad how his career has gone. I put it down to him and the way the clubs been. 

Was easily good enough to help us challenge for the top 4 but only MON was able to get consistent performances from him. Houllier did him no favours, Mcleish made it worse and although there were moments under Lambert, I think the damage had already be done. 

It's not often you get a youth player be good enough to be a regular starter and captain of your club. I'm filled with regret, I wish it could have been so different, for us and gabby.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's pretty sad how his career has gone. I put it down to him and the way the clubs been. 

Was easily good enough to help us challenge for the top 4 but only MON was able to get consistent performances from him. Houllier did him no favours, Mcleish made it worse and although there were moments under Lambert, I think the damage had already be done. 

It's not often you get a youth player be good enough to be a regular starter and captain of your club. I'm filled with regret, I wish it could have been so different, for us and gabby.

Good post, that's how I see it too. 

Â