Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

It's putting up with performances from him that the club had this day arriving....and now it's here.

I firmly blame the club for the complacency towards ALL these sub performers.

Gabby is only one of many.

what the club was thinking when the 4 year contract was offered is anyone's guess.

If they SET OUT to destroy this club of ours.....they could'nt have done any better.

• Like 1

And the manager didn't even say Gabby was unhappy.

In fact, he specifically said that he and gabby didn't have a problem, but for some reason the media left out that bit.

He was talking generally about players and hypothetically about if Gabby, or anybody, told him they wanted to leave the club.

I encourage everyone to watch the pre-Newcastle Presser where these quotes come from. Garde is very clear that, so far, Gabby hasn't done anything wrong in that respect.

Managers very rarely do come out and say there's a problem, why would they? it just would not be in there best interest. However I do hope there is a problem and that Reme quite frankly does not fancy him  and come 12.01am  on 1-1-16 his Aston Villa career is done!

I really want to see this thick waste of space gone. He has been stealing a living off Villa for years because nobody else wants him. Mr Villa my arse.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does he really affect some of you that much? Even when he is NOT playing? Has he done something to you? dramatics!

Or with respect you are underestimating how an increasing number of villa supporters are plain and simply fed up with this guy underperforming week in week out for such a significant period of time IMO 

Just now, Dave J said:

Or with respect you are underestimating how an increasing number of villa supporters are plain and simply fed up with this guy underperforming week in week out for such a significant period of time IMO 

I do understand that mate, and have admitted in the past that I am biased because I remember the good years, and seeing him come through from the youth and bursting on to the scene. However to be honest I think our fans in GENERAL are OTT when it comes to our players more often than not. The likes of Albrighton etc also got dogs abuse and look at them now? I genuinely think Gabbys decline is a combination of many things, and also coincides with the decline of our club in general!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do understand that mate, and have admitted in the past that I am biased because I remember the good years, and seeing him come through from the youth and bursting on to the scene. However to be honest I think our fans in GENERAL are OTT when it comes to our players more often than not. The likes of Albrighton etc also got dogs abuse and look at them now? I genuinely think Gabbys decline is a combination of many things, and also coincides with the decline of our club in general!

Sorry I can't agree with your comments about Gabby, but 100% agree about Marc Albrighton who should never have been allowed to leave and in fact maybe just maybe could have helped get more of a tune out of Gestede.

Sorry I can't agree with your comments about Gabby, but 100% agree about Marc Albrighton who should never have been allowed to leave and in fact maybe just maybe could have helped get more of a tune out of Gestede.

You can't agree with what? That fans don't go (more than) a little OTT at times when it comes to football? Or that his decline isn't a combination of many things and doesn't coincide with the general decline of the club?

The last two are undeniable surely? The first is, I guess, a matter of opinion. Tons of evidence for it though no?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You can't agree with what? That fans don't go (more than) a little OTT at times when it comes to football? Or that his decline isn't a combination of many things and doesn't coincide with the general decline of the club?

The last two are undeniable surely? The first is, I guess, a matter of opinion. Tons of evidence for it though no?

But surely he IS one of the contributing factors of the club declining.....not the other way around.;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely think Gabbys decline is a combination of many things, and also coincides with the decline of our club in general!

I agree with this. When Gabby first came into the team and for the first 4 - 5 seasons he was playing in teams containing the likes of Barry, Petrov, Milner, Ash Young, Carew, Downing. As the the squad overall got worse so did Gabbys form. That can't all solely be put down to the lack of quality players around him, not even close in fact, but it was certainly a contributory factor.

For me even over the last 5 years many of our best moments and performances have been down to big performances from Gabby. They have been way too few and far between though.

He is clearly finished here now although personally I would still play him at the moment as I think he is a better option than both Gestede and Sinclair. That is not to happen though so I'd suggest those that dislike him so much move on.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

But surely he IS one of the contributing factors of the club declining.....not the other way around.[emoji6]

I don't think that has been questioned?

Gabby is such a frustrating player - he has pace, he has strength, can run the channels well and above all that, he's a local lad playing for his local team.

However, with all his positive attributes, he lacks interest and rarely performs to what to he is capable.

The fact he's a local lad and doesn't bust a nut each match probably winds up fans more than say Milan Baros (who was a similar player in that on his day, he could do the lot)

I think it's time for him to go, his weekly wage is astronomical for a player that just cannot make a positive impact on the team anymore. I also suspect he is a disruptive influence in the dressing room.

Bring back Carew - at least he gave a shit!

28 minutes ago, Richard said:

It would be an utterly amazing deal if we could get 3m or anything near that for him as rumoured today

doubt he would move to a club in the UAE tbh, hardly fits in with he's lifestyle does it

guess the MLS will be his best bet

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Could he even point UAE on a map?

Gabby doesnt seem the type of guy that you can see leaving England

wez4c.jpg

I'm quite excited to be neighbours with him.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

Â