Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby had an above average game. He had a pass back which Gana should have scored from. He had a shot blocked which fell to the "savior" Gestede who should have scored, and he made a great run which ended with a tame shot. But of course... since he is Gabby, it is easy to just say no goals you suck. I wonder what games people see. What the hell has Delph done in comparison to Gabby? Actually, what has anybody in this Villa team done for Villa in comparison to Gabby?

This

Really? A striker at the top level has an above average game if he makes one decent pass, shot well once which was blocked anyway and passed back to their keeper after a great run? No wonder Heskey stayed around so long, he must have been a marvel in so many eyes. He would do what Gabby did in 10 minutes, especially the lack of shooting.

The guy isn't even as good a dribbler as Hutton. Last season Hutton was far superior than him coming forward (exampled by his high chance creation) as well as better at passing the ball. Hutton is a defender, Gabby is a forward (striker isn't fair), how is he so useless in the final third? You compared his contribution to Delph, well Delph drove us forward, made tackles that retained the ball and was part of quick passing movements which moved around a team and not a single player as Gabby does. Compare that with Gabby and we have a dwelling, poor passer who has even lost the ability to cross. 3 good games all year doesn't make up for season after season of poor attitude to development. I will say though when he runs, which he literally never consistently does, he pulls defences apart and creates havoc....he just can't concentrate for 90mins to do so.

I'm settled with the fact he's not a goal scorer, but he's barely a footballer, he has to offer something more than one poorly executed trick. (pace)

Going down the list of squad players Gabby is near the bottom, less effective than even Weimann was. He's contributed more than Bennet I'll give him that but his attitude is appalling, headless chicken isn't going to help us push up the league. He needs to listen to coaches, keep telling himself to concentrate in game and do the simple things well, then there's a point to having him near the team.

It'll be interesting to see what people think of him when competing against the new wide men/forwards, I think people will realise how different it is with attacking players who can actually read a game, or are willing to at least try.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 2

Gabby had an above average game. He had a pass back which Gana should have scored from. He had a shot blocked which fell to the "savior" Gestede who should have scored, and he made a great run which ended with a tame shot. But of course... since he is Gabby, it is easy to just say no goals you suck. I wonder what games people see. What the hell has Delph done in comparison to Gabby? Actually, what has anybody in this Villa team done for Villa in comparison to Gabby?

This

Really? A striker at the top level has an above average game if he makes one decent pass, shot well once which was blocked anyway and passed back to their keeper after a great run? No wonder Heskey stayed around so long, he must have been a marvel in so many eyes. He would do what Gabby did in 10 minutes, especially the lack of shooting.

The guy isn't even as good a dribbler as Hutton. Last season Hutton was far superior than him coming forward (exampled by his high chance creation) as well as better at passing the ball. Hutton is a defender, Gabby is a forward (striker isn't fair), how is he so useless in the final third? You compared his contribution to Delph, well Delph drove us forward, made tackles that retained the ball and was part of quick passing movements which moved around a team and not a single player as Gabby does. Compare that with Gabby and we have a dwelling, poor passer who has even lost the ability to cross. 3 good games all year doesn't make up for season after season of poor attitude to development. I will say though when he runs, which he literally never consistently does, he pulls defences apart and creates havoc....he just can't concentrate for 90mins to do so.

I'm settled with the fact he's not a goal scorer, but he's barely a footballer, he has to offer something more than one poorly executed trick. (pace)

Going down the list of squad players Gabby is near the bottom, less effective than even Weimann was. He's contributed more than Bennet I'll give him that but his attitude is appalling, headless chicken isn't going to help us push up the league. He needs to listen to coaches, keep telling himself to concentrate in game and do the simple things well, then there's a point to having him near the team.

It'll be interesting to see what people think of him when competing against the new wide men/forwards, I think people will realise how different it is with attacking players who can actually read a game, or are willing to at least try.

I disagree.

Gabby was great in the second half vs Bournemouth, one of our best players and he linked up really well with Gestede, he deserves to start tonight. Give him a chance to play with better players this season, no choice anyway Cus he's here to stay.

Edited by Bunnski

This

Wow, I guess football really is a game of opinions then. I've defended Gabby and what he brings to the team, but if that is what you see then i don't blame you not wanting him here.

I see him very differently, and as such do want him in and/or around our 11.

Just like Westwood, if we are arguing opinions then no one will ever win.

• Like 1

I have never been a Gabby Fan mainly because Pace in isolation has never really floated my boat....I like technical ability.....I was never a big fan of Tony Daley for similar reasons or Darius Vassell

itdoesntmatterwhatthissay makes points that I can relate too.

However, I think he will start tonight and I also think he now has competition to contend with.

We will see how that pans out.

I would say to all the Gabby Fans though.....not rating him is quite different from hating him or slagging him off, which is what some pro Gabby fans describe us as.

.....But I hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

i really like gabby, i know we arent getting many goals from him, but hes got pace and intelligence, hes still useful, and i like how hes only been with villa, i hope he remains at the club till he retires, that loyalty doesnt come around too often nowadays with footballers.

i see theres mixed opinions of him on here, my opinion is he should be utilised elsewhere, like on the wing

Â