Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Too many of you have had your heads turned by Ecks ugly football.

Charles N'Zogbia

Darren Bent

Richard Dunne

are all top Prem players who with the right manager could really flourish, the nonsense were be fighting relegation again is stupid, with the right manager, our squads top 10.

Get Lambert and we will finish top 10!

As the old saying goes you can not make "a silk purse out of a sows ear"!!

Our squad is woeful with not a great number of exceptions. We need a signifcant influx of players to turn the club around and the old guard have to go.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so why has he say never splashed 500k, or 1mil on a european based player??? there are plenty gems to be had, fair enough some of that list are good up and coming youngsters from Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs on loan

But need look lot further afield for players rather than UK based ones

I'm confused; the signings he's made have helped him secure back-to-back promotions and survival in the Premiership, and you're criticising them?

spock.gif

The reason is he does that is ££££££, he buys what he knows, look the man is not like MON, honestly believe PL would adapt and change like Moyes.

so why has he say never splashed 500k, or 1mil on a european based player??? there are plenty gems to be had, fair enough some of that list are good up and coming youngsters from Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs on loan

If he did that they wouldn't be in the Premiership!

The reason is he does that is ££££££, he buys what he knows, look the man is not like MON, honestly believe PL would adapt and change like Moyes.

as someone who won the champs league playing at a german club, i doubt he'd only in the market for british players. not sure how many languages he speaks though.

i'm warming to the idea of getting him in to be honest. would be good ot do ti quickly!

Too many of you have had your heads turned by Ecks ugly football.

Charles N'Zogbia

Darren Bent

Richard Dunne

are all top Prem players who with the right manager could really flourish, the nonsense were be fighting relegation again is stupid, with the right manager, our squads top 10.

Get Lambert and we will finish top 10!

As the old saying goes you can not make "a silk purse out of a sows ear"!!

Our squad is woeful with not a great number of exceptions. We need a signifcant influx of players to turn the club around and the old guard have to go.

I think Mike is pretty much right. You look at the squad compared to the end of last season and it simply doesn't compare in terms of quality and depth. We have lost three significant players in Ash, Downing and Friedel, a good player in Luke Young and a decent player in Reo Coker. The only one of them to be replaced with like for like for like quality was Friedel. You can now add to the above the loss of Petrov and Cuellar and to a lesser extent Heskey.

As things stand today regardless of who is manager the best we could do with the current squad would be around 13th and even that is perhaps a tad optimistic. It lacks both high end quality and strength in depth.

Significant money needs to be spent in the summer and around 4 or 5 players that can go straight into the team need to be brought in and perhaps a couple of squad fillers.

The new manager needs to come in asap, I'd like it to be by early next week,and ship those out that he doesn't fancy and get on wit the job of rebuilding this team. It is a very big task for whoever takes it on.

I'm confused; the signings he's made have helped him secure back-to-back promotions and survival in the Premiership, and you're criticising them?

spock.gif

Norwich didn't achieve promotion this year, that million quid foreigner would have promoted them from the Prem to La Liga, don't ya know!

My point was lads, is if he come to Villa would he go for foreign talent (see Cisse, Ba, Dempsey etc etc etc)

Would Lambert buy anyone abroad though judging by who he has brought at Wycombe, Colchester or Norwich?? which all seem british based players?

My example was like ok why has he not picked/plucked a gem abroad for 500k/1mil etc.. that was all..

I am not knocking him as a manager so far, just seems very much like MON way he only seems buy british players.

There is rumours he wanted Mohammed Abdellaoue of Hannover for Norwich, don't know how true that was? But players like this i would love see at Villa

Thats all

8) :D

As the first British player ever to win the European Cup with a foreign team, I'd say it's safe to assume Paul Lambert is well aware there's a whole footballing world outside of our borders.

Update from Michael Foulger's wingman inside the Norwich camp is that he in uncertain that Lambert will stay at Norwich for next season but believes he old be in line for the hotseat at Liverpool.

Also says that PL "can't go to the toilet without MON wiping his arse for him".

Norwich are bracing themselves for an official approach but apparently it's well known that there is unofficial interest from us and the Plop.

This is from someone that knows PL personally and is very good friends with Michael on the Norwich board, but stresses this is his opinion from what he's heard (all relayed through the missus, purple monkey dishwasher).

Here are Lamberts Norwich signings, hardly inspiring ones, a few gems like Pilkington, Ryan and Elliott Bennett!! Problem have is he doesn't shop outside UK (Similar to Martin O'Neill, if he did then he would be ideal candidate... just think he will buy british only)

Daniel Ayala

Leon Barnett (loan to permanent) Elliott Bennett Ryan Bennett

Andrew Crofts

Ritchie De Laet (loan)

Rob Edwards (loan) Stephen Elliott (loan)

Fraser Forster (loan) David Fox

Jonny Howson

Simeon Jackson Bradley Johnson Oli Johnson

Henri Lansbury (loan)

Russell Martin (loan to permanent) Anthony McNamee (loan to permanent) Steve Morison

Kyle Naughton (loan)

Dani Pacheco (loan) Anthony Pilkington

Michael Rose (loan) John Ruddy

Steven Smith Andrew Surman

Marc Tierney

James Vaughan Sam Vokes (loan)

Elliott Ward Zak Whitbread Aaron Wilbraham

Total Players : 31

Paul Lambert has been in charge at Norwich City since 18th August 2009

12 of those are loans. Id also like to know how many players have left since he came to the club as Id imagine you'd lose a lot of players going from League One to The Premiership. What's his net spend at Norwich to the likes of Martinez who has stood still at Wigan.

Also says that PL "can't go to the toilet without MON wiping his arse for him".

Also on his decision to join Norwich he commented:

“I spoke to Martin (O'Neill) about the offer and he told me that Norwich was a huge club and that it was too good a job to turn down. He said that he (O'Neill) had enjoyed his time here and that while there is a lot of pressure, it could be an incredible place.”

The Gent ponders, could O'Neill's negative working relationship with the board/Lerner affect Lambert decision to take the job?

I wouldn't be worried about what someone inside the Norwich camp thinks in terms of where Lambert will end up. They think he's God at the moment and quite rightly. So they'd have him taking over from Guardiola if you asked them.

In my mind I think Villa & 'pool will end up with Lambert & Martinez. Which way around it happens remains to be seen.

I wouldn't be worried about what someone inside the Norwich camp thinks in terms of where Lambert will end up. They think he's God at the moment and quite rightly. So they'd have him taking over from Guardiola if you asked them.

In my mind I think Villa & 'pool will end up with Lambert & Martinez. Which way around it happens remains to be seen.

Yep exactly what i think too Bri. Liverpool will get 1st pick and we will get whoever Liverpool decide against employing.

Im cool with that.

Also on his decision to join Norwich he commented:

“I spoke to Martin (O'Neill) about the offer and he told me that Norwich was a huge club and that it was too good a job to turn down. He said that he (O'Neill) had enjoyed his time here and that while there is a lot of pressure, it could be an incredible place.”

The Gent ponders, could O'Neill's negative working relationship with the board/Lerner affect Lambert decision to take the job?

Well MON walked out on Norwich as well, so surely he would say

“I spoke to Martin (O'Neill) about the offer and he told me that Aston Villa was a huge club and that it was too good a job to turn down. He said that he (O'Neill) had enjoyed his time here and that while there is a lot of pressure, it could be an incredible place.”

**** hate Hawksbee and Jacobs. Unfunny bollocks.

What did Mick Dennis say? Oh, and remember.... huuuuuuuge Norwich fan.......

Basically he said Lambert would deffo consult with MON as he loves him to bits & he knew that MON & Lerner had a massive falling out so MON would put him off coming here anyway.He said "don't forget there was a huge legal battle" etc .. Then the general jist of it was that Lambert would allow his people to talk to Villa as would be normal but that we were not really the threat as Liverpool would be looking very soon & had Martinez pencilled in thus causing a managerial merry go round... In short having had dinner with Lambert last night, he thinks he won't come here but may go elsewhere or possibly stay put.