Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

If Lambert and Rodgers are clever they will look to move to Villa now while their stock is high. Of course they could both go on and improve next season with their respective clubs, but precedents would suggest that their stock will fall again after difficult second seasons, and they may not get such a chance again. If they were to jump ship to a bigger club now while they have the respect of the media and I'm sure the Villa players, it will be much easier to continue their ascendancy.

Lambert obviously has chosen to do this previously.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Lambert would quit quite just yet. I find it highly doubtful that he would have met with Lerner/Faulkner and discussed the job within the last day or two. If Lambert does join, It will take some weeks imo, particularly as Norwich will make it as difficult as possible.

Maybe why he left. I mean some people just don't take to those in power saying what they can and can't do.

I doubt Lambert would quit quite just yet. I find it highly doubtful that he would have met with Lerner/Faulkner and discussed the job within the last day or two. If Lambert does join, It will take some weeks imo, particularly as Norwich will make it as difficult as possible.

If Norwich feel Lambert has clearly has his head turned surely it just damages them in their hunt for a replacement for it to drag on too long?

Between Kohler and Soussa, you are bound to say you are the crap defnder or midfielder. A bit like Craig Johnson when Liverpool had their heyday. Always said he couldn`t play as good as the others...

Sammer???!!??

To claim you are the worst in that dortmund team is not putting yourself down.

I just think he is an honourable guy who has a lot of respect for Norwich. I just don't see him falling out with the Norwich board, rushing into big decisions. If he does join us, he will leave under the right circumstances and not just throw his toys out the pram and leave Norwich in the lurch.

That's just my opinion, I have no idea how the man thinks.

I just think he is an honourable guy who has a lot of respect for Norwich. I just don't see him falling out with the Norwich board, rushing into big decisions. If he does join us, he will leave under the right circumstances and not just throw his toys out the pram and leave Norwich in the lurch.

That's just my opinion, I have no idea how the man thinks.

Ask the Colchester fans.....

Possibly, but leaving Colchester to join a far, far bigger club is slightly different circumstances. Leaving Norwich to join this current Villa team would take a lot of thought and is just a far more complex move between two Premier League teams. Norwich, although working under financial constraints do have a bright future and joining Villa at this time would be considered a risk on his reputation.

To claim you are the worst in that dortmund team is not putting yourself down.
Besides, there's no way he's the worst player in a team that included Ibrahim Tanko. I'm better than Ibrahim freaking Tanko.

Lambert is not stupid, he knows full well if Norwich do not strengthen they will be fighting relegation.

Presumably he'd feel similar about us ;)

I doubt it, he probably sees a club similar to the way MON did, underachieving big time, he could possibly push between 8th and 12th it'll be viewed as a success.

Too many of you have had your heads turned by Ecks ugly football.

Charles N'Zogbia

Darren Bent

Richard Dunne

are all top Prem players who with the right manager could really flourish, the nonsense were be fighting relegation again is stupid, with the right manager, our squads top 10.

Get Lambert and we will finish top 10!

Too many of you have had your heads turned by Ecks ugly football.

Charles N'Zogbia

Darren Bent

Richard Dunne

are all top Prem players who with the right manager could really flourish, the nonsense were be fighting relegation again is stupid, with the right manager, our squads top 10.

Get Lambert and we will finish top 10!

That's looking at it glass half full though. Although I agree that a new manager could get the best out of N'Zogbia which could make a huge difference for us, you've named just three players and expect top 10, it's very unrealistic. What if Bent gets injured again? We have absolutely no one who can score a goal,no one at all. Our squad is so thin, it's untrue, and we will not be able to invest enough money to replace all of the out of contract players to even get it level with what we had this year, never mind adding to it. Our expectations need to be low at the moment. I look at the first 11 of the likes of Fulham, Everton, Sunderland; even Stoke and they are stronger.

What about the championship quality players around them? Collins, Hutton, and the developing kids. Seriously, as it currently stands we don't have a top 10 squad. However, good management can always get a squad punching above its weight, which is what we need to happen.

Lambert can do this, he's proven that he can.

Here are Lamberts Norwich signings, hardly inspiring ones, a few gems like Pilkington, Ryan and Elliott Bennett!! Problem have is he doesn't shop outside UK (Similar to Martin O'Neill, if he did then he would be ideal candidate... just think he will buy british only)

Daniel Ayala

Leon Barnett (loan to permanent) Elliott Bennett Ryan Bennett

Andrew Crofts

Ritchie De Laet (loan)

Rob Edwards (loan) Stephen Elliott (loan)

Fraser Forster (loan) David Fox

Jonny Howson

Simeon Jackson Bradley Johnson Oli Johnson

Henri Lansbury (loan)

Russell Martin (loan to permanent) Anthony McNamee (loan to permanent) Steve Morison

Kyle Naughton (loan)

Dani Pacheco (loan) Anthony Pilkington

Michael Rose (loan) John Ruddy

Steven Smith Andrew Surman

Marc Tierney

James Vaughan Sam Vokes (loan)

Elliott Ward Zak Whitbread Aaron Wilbraham

Total Players : 31

Paul Lambert has been in charge at Norwich City since 18th August 2009

I'm not sure whether he's my first choice or not (atm it varies by the hour) but it goes a little something like this:

We have better players than Norwich (yes, we do) Norwich played and performed better than we did. The reason for that is most likely the manager and his staff, therefore if we bring them to Villa... [ fonz ] Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh! [ /fonz ]

Looking at his transfers isn't a fair thing to do.. Last season he was in the Championship the season before that League 1.. You try getting in quality players from England and the rest of Europe with little to no budget and the obstacle of being in a league professionals don't want to play in.

The reason is he does that is ££££££, he buys what he knows, look the man is not like MON, honestly believe PL would adapt and change like Moyes.

so why has he say never splashed 500k, or 1mil on a european based player??? there are plenty gems to be had, fair enough some of that list are good up and coming youngsters from Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs on loan

But need look lot further afield for players rather than UK based ones