Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be worried about what someone inside the Norwich camp thinks in terms of where Lambert will end up. They think he's God at the moment and quite rightly. So they'd have him taking over from Guardiola if you asked them.

In my mind I think Villa & 'pool will end up with Lambert & Martinez. Which way around it happens remains to be seen.

You are right BOF and I must say that it's only someone's opinion with close ties to the camp. There is direct contact with Michael Foulger but he's not saying anything (as you'd expect).

I'll pop down any little nuggets that we hear though, but 20/1 for the Liverpoo job on William Hill could be worth a cheeky tenner.

What's O'Neill going to tell him he spent fortunes on the like of Cuellar, Reo-Coker, Davies, Harwood, Beye, gave Heskey 60k a week for 3.5 years but ya the workin relationship soured when he told me I'd to get these lads off the wage bill.

I would be surprised if Liverpool were looking at either Lambert or Martinez for the job as surely their fans will want a much bigger name.

I doubt King Kenny will have got the chop though, he will get another 12 months I would have thought.

I wouldn't worry too much about what O'Neill will say to Lambert. I think he'll be very complimentary about the size of the club and what a fantastic club it is just as he was when interviewed before we played Sunderland a few weeks ago. He is also I believe still on very decent terms with Lerner.

I do like Norwich as a club but most of the fans are quite disrespectful to Villa looking at the message boards.. fair enough you don't want your manager to leave but to call us a small club is something else really.

They seem to think Norwich is bigger than Villa.

I think they just think Lambert could do better than us. I agree with them. Which is precisely why we need to get him.

My point was lads, is if he come to Villa would he go for foreign talent (see Cisse, Ba, Dempsey etc etc etc)

Would Lambert buy anyone abroad though judging by who he has brought at Wycombe, Colchester or Norwich?? which all seem british based players?

My example was like ok why has he not picked/plucked a gem abroad for 500k/1mil etc.. that was all..

I am not knocking him as a manager so far, just seems very much like MON way he only seems buy british players.

There is rumours he wanted Mohammed Abdellaoue of Hannover for Norwich, don't know how true that was? But players like this i would love see at Villa

Thats all

8) :D

Norwich are a club that probably only have a £500k to £1 million transfer budget which is why 90% of his transfers have been loans.. To say why didn't he buy one £1 million gem is the same reason no one asks why McLeish bought N'Zogbia instead of Messi.. Spending all or more of your transfer budget on one player no matter how epic they may be is a massive risk, Lambert played a more astute game and it got him from League 1 to Mid-Table Prem finish in 3 seasons.

I live in Norwich and Canary fans worship Lambert, fair dues though he did save the club pretty much single handedly. Norwich fans are funny bunch, a lot of them that I know seem to think that Lambert will go but not yet because he has "started something that he will want to see through" i.e keeping Norwich in the prem then go to United or someone (bemused face)... Personally I think money and ambition talks. If Lambert gets an offer to at least double or evan triple his current salary of apparently (I read today) £15,000 a week and get the chance to turn around a lets call us sleeping giant of a club then why is he going to stay at Norwich? He has major finacial constrictions (much worse than he would at Villa), he could stay at Norwich and have the dreaded second season syndrome and then he's stuck cos the job offers all will have gone away. I think Lambert will be aware this might be his chance and would be best to take it.

James Nursey who is also a Norwich fan by the way has stated Lambert would be interested in the job. I agree with DVIN, Norwich fans listen to Talksport and a few people and ask why would Lambert move, we are a big club like it or not, who have underperformed badly. Also on the MON point, he will just as likely ask his old central midfield partner what type of club we are.

We are a big Club. Certainly in the second 'bracket' of English football. The way I see it and I am sure any decent manager will see it is the Villa job would not be up for grabs if we were doing well eg if we were in the top 8 or 9.

Jobs like Villa usually only come along when someone has **** it up and finished below mid table. Managers will know this and fancy their chances of taking to the Top 8 or 9 and enhancing their reputations......and bank balances!!!

Exactly. I expect Lambert sees us "a chance to be another hero" and to further boost his reputation (and ours) we're a biggish club on its knees, and after an awful season a bit of investment would see us return to top half with good management.

Same as MON really, ony hopefully without the wage-bill crippling our club.

I do like Norwich as a club but most of the fans are quite disrespectful to Villa looking at the message boards.. fair enough you don't want your manager to leave but to call us a small club is something else really.

They remind me of Sunderland fans.

Norwich are a club that probably only have a £500k to £1 million transfer budget which is why 90% of his transfers have been loans..

Thats rubbish, hes spent over £10m on players since last July

Howson £2m

Morison £1.5m

E Bennett £1.5M

Ayala 800k

Ryan Bennett £3m

Pilkington £2.5m

As for 90% of his transfers being loans we have just 1 Naughton from Spurs.

He's been given the same budget for this summer.

Whoever takes the job will have instant backing from the fans (providing it's not another boring has-been of a manager).

A young, vibrant manager, even if he's unproven, will immediately have the fans full backing. No-one is expecting Mourinho, no-one is expecting a top 6 finish next season.

When you've not had a holiday for 10 years, a week in Grimsby is like a week in the Caribbean.