Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has to turn to O'Neill to ask whether he should go or not then I doubt he's the great leader of men we're all expecting on here.

He's well aware of how big the club is and RL/PF will tell him what the plan is re. investment. If he subsequently has to go and speak to O'Neill to help him make up his mind then good luck to him - we should go after Rodgers.

Whoever takes the job will have instant backing from the fans (providing it's not another boring has-been of a manager).

A young, vibrant manager, even if he's unproven, will immediately have the fans full backing. No-one is expecting Mourinho, no-one is expecting a top 6 finish next season.

When you've not had a holiday for 10 years, a week in Grimsby is like a week in the Caribbean.

My only concern is that the Lambert style seems very similar to MON to me. Very direct, counter attacking. Hard to break down.

The more i think about all this the more i think we need Brendan Rogers.

Everything we need in my opinion.

He would have a field day with our young players too. Exactly what we need in my opinion a real footballing man who could build something very special here in my opinion.

So...Brendan Rogers....Randy do what it takes Sir!

As for Paul Lambert well i like him though from reading this thread i just think he is too close to MON & already it is dragging up a load of stuff which i don't think would go away to be honest.. Good guy though & i wouldn't be at all unhappy if he came.

Martinez?

Well i just think he had his chance..Move on he obviously isn't really interested.

Why are people pulling the Pope's cap off furiously over lambert

you have asked this question about 5-6 times now and people have provided you many facts as to why

you also were saying fistface would be better than martinez not sure where you get your opinions from?!

Because as I pointed out, Bruce did much much better with Wigan than Martinez ever has

Let's leave the Norwich manager alone and see how he does in season 2. I suspect he will do an Owen Coyle

Because as I pointed out, Bruce did much much better with Wigan than Martinez ever has

Let's leave the Norwich manager alone and see how he does in season 2. I suspect he will do an Owen Coyle

Bruce had money to spend and had players like Paacious, Cattermole, Valencia, Zog, Heskey (in form), Rodellega, Zaki, Kapo, Watson in his squads.

RM has done well relative to the other teams in the league, as Wigan have a bottom 3 squad today.

He's had one season in the PL, totally unproven

Promoted from league and the championship in succession. 11th placed in the prem.

Demands respect players as he moved abroad and won a champs league.

The teams he manage appear to play for the whole season, not just in patches.

Who would you like? Is it still Capello?

Would I take an unemployed Capello over almost £10m in compensation to get Rodgers, Erm let me think

Would I take an unemployed Capello over almost £10m in compensation to get Rodgers, Erm let me think

Got a copy of brendan rodgers contract i can have a look at?