Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Villa are going to replace their dour, curt, gruff, humourless Glaswegian manager with a different dour, curt, gruff, humourless (Greater) Glaswegian manager, albeit one who wears tracky bottoms and boots on the touchline a la O'Neill/Clough, instead of a jacket, tie and anorak combi, a la Walter Smith. Hmm...

So Villa are going to replace their dour, curt, gruff, humourless Glaswegian manager with a different dour, curt, gruff, humourless (Greater) Glaswegian manager, albeit one who wears tracky bottoms and boots on the touchline a la O'Neill/Clough, instead of a jacket, tie and anorak combi, a la Walter Smith. Hmm...

Yep, Collymore championing Lambert on TalkShite because he is like you know who....

Heaven help us if we have a return to all that....

Yep, Collymore championing Lambert on TalkShite because he is like you know who....

:lol: I know how would we all cope. Top 6 finishes, trips to Wembley average crowds of 40k. Of course it came at the expense of the 6th highest wage bill as you'd expect and hopefully Randy can sort the club finances so as to sustain it if we get there again.

Yeah I get depressed just thinking about it. Wembley, consistent top 6 finishes and players like James Milner and Ashley Young is poor for a club like Villa...

I'd rather be in a relegation scrap and play shit "football" (if you can call that crap, football).

Funny how people say Lambert is similar to MON and then only look at the negatives.

MON had loads of positives. Where did he fall short? Tactics, substitutions, ruthlessness (untouchables not being dropped)

Lambert has all those things.

Yes he's similar to MON in that he gets the best out of his team, he plays counter attacking football, but he also has qualities in areas that MON was weak.

I couldn't give a shit if he plays tiki taka or Alex McLeish hoofball. It's the results I care about. I think Lambert will get them, on a budget we can afford.

Other than his side line actions and look, Lambert is nothing like Martin O'Neill. He makes full use of his squads for a start, uses his subs and likes to play attacking, relentless football. Not just counter attacking like MON.

The only good thing about Paul Lambert is that he is not Alex McLeish.

Other than that I think the appointment of Lambert would be pretty uninspiring and would lead to mediocrity and more counter attack hoofball.Football is evolving and counter attack hoofball has its limitataions.

There is also something about Lambert I dont like, I watch him in interviews and I dont like what I see.

Lambert is a big no from me

Funny how people say Lambert is similar to MON and then only look at the negatives.

MON had loads of positives. Where did he fall short? Tactics, substitutions, ruthlessness (untouchables not being dropped)

Lambert has all those things.

Yes he's similar to MON in that he gets the best out of his team, he plays counter attacking football, but he also has qualities in areas that MON was weak.

I couldn't give a shit if he plays tiki taka or Alex McLeish hoofball. It's the results I care about. I think Lambert will get them, on a budget we can afford.

Every word of this.

The only reason I can see not to go for Lambert is so we don't have arguments with die-hard haters of MON day in and day out on VT.

Lambert's comments have made it quite clear he's up for a move. Only question is whether he's hoping to come to us or Liverpool imo.

Other than that I think the appointment of Lambert would be pretty uninspiring and would lead to mediocrity and more counter attack hoofball.Football is evolving and counter attack hoofball has its limitataions.

There is also something about Lambert I dont like, I watch him in interviews and I dont like what I see.

Tell that to Dortmund and Real madrid who both won their respective leagues, by beating their main rivals, by counter attacking them.. Bayern and Barca..

Counter attacking does have its limitations, but so does being a possession based team, as Barca found out against chelsea, as Spurs found out against Us..

People who keep mentioning MON as advise for Paul Lambert, theirs a certain captain of ours who Lambert went to visit, I'm pretty sure he'd take the opinion of someone who is at the club rather the one whose gone! I think if approached Paul Lambert will become our next manager.

Something about Lambert I'm not sure about either. I'd rather have Martinez or Di Matteo personally.

Maybe it's just how bad defensively they were at Villa Park and have been in a few games at the end of this season. One of the things we need to sort out is the defence.

This is just based on the fact he looks like martin o`neill isn`t it?

Nothing to do with his achievements in the game.

No top 6 club ever hires British managers

I think Alex Ferguson, Harry Redknapp and Alan Pardew may actually prove that half of them do. If you argue that Newcastle had a fluke season let us look at the next two clubs down; both with British managers...

Fergie was hired 25 years ago and United were midtable when hired ;)

When hired Spurs were bottom as Arry keeps saying and Newcastle were midtable.

Chelsea have had numerous vacancies in last 5 years and neither Arry, Moyes or even MON got a sniff of the job, will be same when Fergie, Wenger and Mancini leave their jobs also maybe even when Arry leaves they will go for a foreign import