Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Relating to events that happened 10 years ago? War crime convictions are quicker than this ffs.

Chelsea are gonna be bang in trouble in 2033.

• Like 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

On a serious note, could that be the case?

Using Serie A as a precedent, Juventus were stripped of the title, but it was not awarded to second place. Obviously different decision makers, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that as the position if they did have their trophies stripped, but I doubt that will happen honestly

24 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Sadly that will inevitably be the outcome. They can afford better lawyers than the PL, FA combined.

Didn't work with SL though even if that was Spanish led.

Juventus getting -15 a few weeks back shows what can be done. They would come nowhere near relegation but would massively hurt them for top 4 so that should be a logic punishment.

They were going to be banned from CL a few years back before that got overturned/suspended so imagine that can come into play again and of course Chelsea is example of club who were banned from signing players for one transfer window. Nearly 100 allegations is quite significant I'd say.

Titles stripped. Points deduction this season. 3 year transfer ban. All of these need to happen to right the wrong. It's not as though the league would miss them, plenty of other monied clubs competing, Newcastle can have their spot. 

Bad news for Newcastle, I’m sure their owners were going to follow the Man City blueprint for cooking the books.

They’ll get charged, then City will appeal, then it’ll go to CAS. It’ll drag on for years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Points deduction 3 days after they don't win the league anyway...

It’ll be a bit like F1, they’ll negotiate a punishment with the PL where they agree not to appeal.

5 points, a million pound fine and a 1 window transfer ban (in 2 windows time so they can get prepared).

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Chelsea are gonna be bang in trouble in 2033.

Just as Fernandez’s contract is coming to an end 🤣 

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bad news for Newcastle

I guess Depends on the severity of the punishment. 

I won’t hold my breath. 

23 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

On a serious note, could that be the case?

Nope. They won't punish them in any conceivable way. Same as Chelsea. They will get a 2 point deduction suspended for 2 years and will be given a transfer embargo for the window that's just gone. 

One thing we know by now is that these clubs can do what they want. This is all just noise. Nothing will happen.

Added meaning for "Emptyhad". 

All their "achievements" are now devoid of any glimmer of meaning that even the most deluded City fan thought they might have.

I'm so glad we weren't bought by those crooks or the Saudis. I'd much rather never win any trophy again than win several through shameless cheating and financial bullying.

Throw the book at them and deduct all their current points and let them try to stay up.

• Like 2

Well this is a crossroads for the league, we’re not talking individual instances of being creative with certain transactions, this seems to be a systemic pattern of fraud and bogus accounting over a decade long period.

The league has to act, failure to do so will open the floodgates for this to become the new norm.

Â