Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Trophies removed for years they have been proven to cheat during

Transfer ban for 2 seasons (outgoings only)

Massive fine (to be distributed to the lower tiers of the pyramid and grassroots football)

Points deduction of 5 points for every charge that sticks (should be guaranteed relegation)

• Like 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully the integrity of the premier league is more valuable than Man City, so if there is rule breaking, you’d hope there is serious repercussions.

Personally if I was wanting to protect the premier league brand and City are found cheating, I’d have to expel them from the professional football pyramid and make them start back from the bottom. 

You can’t have a team that’s financially duped the competition for ten years, won all those trophies, probably cost many people their jobs, earned shed ton of money they wouldn’t have had, and all the other knock on affects of their cheating it has had, not just on English clubs but European ones too.

An example needs to be made, the premier league cannot afford to come across as a soft touch. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Thankfully the integrity of the premier league is more valuable than Man City, so if there is rule breaking, you’d hope there is serious repercussions.

Personally if I was wanting to protect the premier league brand and City are found cheating, I’d have to expel them from the professional football pyramid and make them start back from the bottom. 

You can’t have a team that’s financially duped the competition for ten years, won all those trophies, probably cost many people their jobs, earned shed ton of money they wouldn’t have had, and all the other knock on affects of their cheating it has had, not just on English clubs but European ones too.

An example needs to be made, the premier league cannot afford to come across as a soft touch. 

That's the hope. 

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Premier League and integrity are not 2 terms that go together

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

They will though, because that's what they are.

13 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

This has got to be a joke surely? You don't honestly believe anything you wrote there do you?

The Premier League that allows countries to purchase football clubs isn't a soft touch?

Man City will not be punished in any meaningful way and the idea they will be expelled from the league is just crazy. Never gonna happen. Not even close.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

This has got to be a joke surely? You don't honestly believe anything you wrote there do you?

The Premier League that allows countries to purchase football clubs isn't a soft touch?

Man City will not be punished in any meaningful way and the idea they will be expelled from the league is just crazy. Never gonna happen. Not even close.

I did add the caveat of “personally” 

I don't think the premier league would want to delegitimise the last 15 years of their competition, so I'll be very surprised if they start stripping trophies, or giving any sanctions that will be more than a minor setback for a season. And even if they wanted to, I think the government would stop them

The Premier League are going to hand down the biggest penalty they can that will have minimal impact. They absolutely should be stripping titles and relegating them if the worst of the charges are upheld, but they won't. It'll be something like a fine and a transfer ban, or a points deduction that sees them miss the league but still comfortably make the CL.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaJay said:

This has been well known for a while, it's not just Oliver either.

PGMOL will be getting a bung too, so nothing yo see here.

17 hours ago, VillaJay said:

They are cheating scumbags and exactly why I won't be watching the latest joke of a cup final today.

Anyone who does should remember that they are not watching excellence, they are watching the cheating destruction of our sport.

19 hours ago, VillaJay said:

This **** nonsense shouldn’t be allowed to happen. 

I doubt this has actually had any effect, Oliver has given just as many decisions against City (directly or indirectly), but at the very least it’s an enormous conflict of interest. And not a very subtle one 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I doubt this has actually had any effect, Oliver has given just as many decisions against City (directly or indirectly), but at the very least it’s an enormous conflict of interest. And not a very subtle one 

I like to think of all the oil Arab countries like this, like that moral tale how some pez gets rich and has a million friends when they're splashing the cash but when it runs out they all F off 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The other thing for me that I picked up was that's they get a £1.5k match bonus in the PL

The base salary is £70k a year but some of the top ones are pushing £200k

There's so much money sloshing around in the PL, everyone is so desperate for refs to get better, the obvious answer too me, as it has been for years now including before VAR, just make it a proper viable football profession 

If a ref got paid £20k a game in the PL but was actually capable would anyone care? They'd still be on a fraction of what the players earn 

Pay them, train them, make ex footballers want to do it, make failed academy players want to do it, make it viable as a profession rather than something ex PE teachers fancy having a go at 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

They don’t need more money to improve. They’re paid enough. Paying them more won’t make them better. 

Tripling the wage of an average footballer dousing make him a better footballer. Often the opposite happens.

Edited by Genie

3 hours ago, Genie said:

They don’t need more money to improve. They’re paid enough. Paying them more won’t make them better. 

Tripling the wage of an average footballer dousing make him a better footballer. Often the opposite happens.

I don’t think they’re paid anywhere near enough, personally.

The amount of abuse they take for managing a game is **** insane… and, for what, 4 days worth of Haaland’s salary at absolute best? **** that.

Take some of the stupid money in the Premier League, give referees £1m a season or something and support them properly. 

• Like 1

Â