Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Yeah I disagree with most of the last few posts on here.

After 18 games last season Man City had scored 44 goals. This season after 18 games they've scored... 46 goals.

Incidentally Arsenal would have been top of the league last season with the amount of points they have now, so it's not like Man City are doing way worse. Arsenal are just having an absolute stormer, their current ppg puts them on 100 points for the season. That's astonishing.

The difference between City's points tally this season and last season (5 points) is down to them drawing one more and losing one more game than last season. If that Bruno goal on the weekend is rightly ruled out the only difference is one win.

And considering this season they've conceded 18 goals, whereas last season they'd only conceded 9 goals at this stage, it's a fair assumption that the thing that needs improving in that team vs last season is the defence.

That being said, I'm not ignoring that they've had a few games where they, and Haaland, haven't been very effective going forward. They went through a similar spell last season so it will be interesting to see if they come out of it or if teams really have found a way to neutralise Haaland. I'd put money on the former

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, villakram said:

Cancelo on the way out... pity as had been playing some great stuff.

Wonder how much that break in etc., last year has messed up his life.

Wow. Didn't expect that. Not sure there's anyone they can replace him with and maintain the style of play he affords them.

Crazy to say but I reckon he is more key to them than Haaland, and on a par with De Bruyne

Big boost for Arsenal that.

Â