Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Where? Nobody is watching Man City for Kalvin Phillips a bang average clogger and Grealish 15 minutes of fame as a superstar is over

Reminds me a bit of some of the Chelsea signings like Sidwell and Barkley… nobody felt they were good enough at the time either.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Reminds me a bit of some of the Chelsea signings like Sidwell and Barkley… nobody felt they were good enough at the time either.

Barkley wasn't even good enough for Villa in a relegation fight let alone playing Champs League.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villa89 said:

Don't you need a certain amount of home grown players in your champions league squad? Plus buying a couple of English internationals will stop the media turning on you and making you the villains in any title race. Grealish and Phillips were squad fillers and they just had to pay the English premium. Would have been the same if they signed rice and Maddison.

Yeah it does seem that way. But this has a impact in the English national team.  Neither player has really featured or done much. If city keep destroying english players uts gonna have a knock on effect on our national team.

Grealish was looking veey goid for ebgland when he was under us now he looks average to shite

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah it does seem that way. But this has a impact in the English national team.  Neither player has really featured or done much. If city keep destroying english players uts gonna have a knock on effect on our national team.

Grealish was looking veey goid for ebgland when he was under us now he looks average to shite

Thats not on City thats on the players for going there and Southgate for picking them because they play for City

In the last 18 months for example Jacob Ramsey has done more at club level than these 2 and has got nowhere near the England squad, could say same for a few others

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Grealish was looking very good for england when he was under us now he looks average to shite

Southgate doesn't rate grealish at all, he only plays him to try to avoid criticism. Doesn't matter what club jack plays for under Southgate he'll be a non event at international level.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Southgate doesn't rate grealish at all, he only plays him to try to avoid criticism. Doesn't matter what club jack plays for under Southgate he'll be a non event at international level.

He doesnt rate either Grealish or TAA and calls them both up for that reason. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

He doesnt rate either Grealish or TAA and calls them both up for that reason. 

Think that may very well be true in Trent's case but is not true in Grealish's case. England have a lot of strength in the players wide of the striker, they can't all start every game. Grealish got brought on in every game in the WC IIRC, hardly what you'd expect from a player that the manager has only taken for the benefit of keeping journalists quiet. 

On 26/12/2022 at 09:02, Zatman said:

Thats not on City thats on the players for going there and Southgate for picking them because they play for City

In the last 18 months for example Jacob Ramsey has done more at club level than these 2 and has got nowhere near the England squad, could say same for a few others

Everything is on City…

Our relegation, our losing our place in Europe, pretty much every captain or player we have had that has broken into the England squad…

Its all their fault…

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Haaland.. great player but they were functioning must better as a team when they had a false 9.. also Gabriel Jesus and Sterling were more effective than Mahrez and Grealish and should not have been sold.

Time will tell but they have Alvarez as well who is a bit special. I think they would give up the lesgue title if they can win the champions league.

9 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Haaland.. great player but they were functioning must better as a team when they had a false 9.. also Gabriel Jesus and Sterling were more effective than Mahrez and Grealish and should not have been sold.

Like when Ronaldo scored all the goals for United last season or United with Nistelrooy.

I think goal poachers are amazing and very talented but I do think they come with a cost for the team.

13 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

**** ‘em…

Not a fanbase in the world that deserves misery more than them…

Every single one of them…

13 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Their fans have become exactly what they hated man utd fans for being. 

The irony is delicious.

I have friends who are City fans, from before they were what they are now. The first quote is so wrong in so far as it applies to them...but...the younger, newer fans, yeah. I mean you can delight in a mate whose team after decades of being garbage suddenly supports a side which is bloody good, and their joy at this unexpected reward.  On the other hand, there are an awful lot of nobbers who have latched on to City, when previously it would have been Chelsea or Man U, or Arsenal, or Liverpool.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't they have 11 minutes added on for a second half that only had one goal and Man. City not making any sub until 87th minute.

To be fair, there was a stoppage of about 5 minutes due to a lino's audio equipment problem

4 hours ago, blandy said:

I have friends who are City fans, from before they were what they are now. The first quote is so wrong in so far as it applies to them...but...the younger, newer fans, yeah. I mean you can delight in a mate whose team after decades of being garbage suddenly supports a side which is bloody good, and their joy at this unexpected reward.  On the other hand, there are an awful lot of nobbers who have latched on to City, when previously it would have been Chelsea or Man U, or Arsenal, or Liverpool.

Not when they are the same team that essentially signed your own club into relegation over a period of 10 years…

**** em…

If someone tells me they are a Man City fan, I tend to not acknowledge them as even being human anymore…

Â