Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

The Chelsea rent boy chant is weird. It's strange that it's still around, it's out of its time and place and it seems odd that this one stuck while other similarly insulting chants across a range of subjects went away. 

Anyways, it's crap and shouldn't still be about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Chelsea rent boy chant is weird. It's strange that it's still around, it's out of its time and place and it seems odd that this one stuck while other similarly insulting chants across a range of subjects went away. 

Anyways, it's crap and shouldn't still be about.

Surprisingly coming from Manchester City fans as well, Manchester seemed to have a thriving LBG community the last time I visited. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Surprisingly coming from Manchester City fans as well, Manchester seemed to have a thriving LBG community the last time I visited. 

Man Utd fans chanted similar to Frank Lampard.

I imagine most fan bases do at points - which is sad.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Man City fans resemble the general population of Manchester in the same way that crack addicts resemble the general population of the UK.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Hmmm 🤔 maybe not the right choice of words there all things considering 😬

That's The Joke | Know Your Meme

admittedly it wont' be to everyone's liking , but hey welcome to the internet  :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

2 accusations being withdrawn because of video evidence showing it was consensual probably torpedoed the other cases. So when are the court cases for perjury?

That’s not strictly true though is it? They used the video of one consenting act to undermine her entire testimony - classic victim blaming 

“Several weeks into the trial, the judge ordered the jury to find both Mendy and Matturie not guilty of raping a 19-year-old woman, after a video emerged showing her having “enthusiastic and obviously consensual sex” with Matturie. Mendy’s defence team used this dropped charge to plant doubt in the jury’s mind, suggesting that if one woman had lied, could the others not also have made up their allegations?“

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/13/manchester-city-footballer-benjamin-mendy-cleared-of-rape-charges

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s not strictly true though is it? They used the video of one consenting act to undermine her entire testimony - classic victim blaming 

“Several weeks into the trial, the judge ordered the jury to find both Mendy and Matturie not guilty of raping a 19-year-old woman, after a video emerged showing her having “enthusiastic and obviously consensual sex” with Matturie. Mendy’s defence team used this dropped charge to plant doubt in the jury’s mind, suggesting that if one woman had lied, could the others not also have made up their allegations?“

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/13/manchester-city-footballer-benjamin-mendy-cleared-of-rape-charges

Do you have any reason to suspect that there were other accusations to face from that woman?

It would be highly unusual for the judge to instruct the jury if this were the case.

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do you have any reason to suspect that there were other accusations to face from that woman?

The thing I find confusing about the way that's written is that it seems to imply the judge felt that if she had consensual sex with one defendant, then she couldn't have been raped by a different person. 

Now teams are learning you ain't gonna stop Haaland, so what are they doing? Stopping the player trying to get the ball to him, an it's working. So it basically proves they are a worse team with Haaland, cause he is now the focus, before you didn't know who was going to receive the ball and score.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinebro said:

They are struggling to adapt to Haaland big time.

Man City will win less trophies with Haaland just like Man Utd won less trophies when they had Nistelrooy.

It's cause opposing teams now have a focus point to mark out the game, or mark the players trying to get the ball to Haaland. Before you never knew who the ball was going to, as it could be anyone getting the goals, which is why City were so good at winning. Even though there is no doubting Haaland's ability, it seems to me another player they bought, so no one else could have him. I mean they were walking The Prem without him. Grealish was the same, they never needed a Grealish in that team.

Â