Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The investigation only goes up to 17/18 season. I presume that's all the info the hacker got. Imagine the cooking of the book's they've got up to since.

Only a few weeks ago they posted higher commercial revenue than Real Madrid and Man United. They aren't that global behemoth of those two clubs at all. So they're still up to the dodgy dealings.

• Like 1

One thing to add regards those saying nothing will happen. The Government's independent paper is about to be published, and has been leaked and there's alot of pressure on football to clean up it's act. They'll want to show they can self regulate without government or independent rules, so I think they'll look to make a example of them.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Timing of this after the government was on about cracking down on owners in PL. Plus pep on about some of the clubs wanted city out of the league on friday. We might be seeing a crack down now and city maybe made the example.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Teams like Rangers got bumped down four divisions when they went bust didn’t they? Surely the penalty for financially cheating should be worse than that? 

The whole point of ffp was to stop teams going bust. They it turned into you cant spend more than utd/pool/spurs even if u have got it.

• Like 1

Nobody cares about Citeh. The idea they're some branding behemoth is a joke. It'll all be dodgy dealings, 'independent' companies pumping in absolutely daft amounts of money for sponsorship of everything. The books probably have Sheikh Muhammad sponsoring the dugout on Sunday matches for a £100m, Sheikh Keyboard sponsoring the drinks caddy for a cool £50m a season, Sheikh Telephone sponsoring Guardiola's pen for £10m, Sheikh Stapler sponsoring the grass for £1bn...

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The whole point of ffp was to stop teams going bust. They it turned into you cant spend more than utd/pool/spurs even if u have got it.

You’re totally right. Clubs still go bust though so it’s not fit for purpose in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Nobody cares about Citeh. The idea they're some branding behemoth is a joke. It'll all be dodgy dealings, 'independent' companies pumping in absolutely daft amounts of money for sponsorship of everything. The books probably have Sheikh Muhammad sponsoring the dugout on Sunday matches for a £100m, Sheikh Keyboard sponsoring the drinks caddy for a cool £50m a season, Sheikh Telephone sponsoring Guardiola's pen for £10m, Sheikh Stapler sponsoring the grass for £1bn...

And you can bet that Mancini wasn't the only employee having his wages doubled off the books.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And you can bet that Mancini wasn't the only employee having his wages doubled off the books.

That's one of those things that's so obviously cheating they should be absolutely hammered.

There's bending rules and there's just completely pissing on them. Wages being paid off the books is just... like there's not a defence for that. Its obviously dodgy. Why yes everyone is paying their key staff a second wage cash in hand. **** off.

33 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m expecting a large fine and that’s it. The Premier League value their big six more than anything and won’t want to harm their global revenues by ejecting them from the league.

It's the Premier league that's charged them.

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It's the Premier league that's charged them.

I know, but how serious will their punishment be? I suspect it will be watered down and barely touch them. I hope not, and there are some predictions of very serious consequences, we shall see!

Edited by It's Your Round

Relegation to the Championship isn't enough, never mind a points deduction. They should be stripped of every title and made to start from the bottom. I really hope the PL make an example out of them with the government trying to influence things with their independent review. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I know, but how serious will their punishment be? I suspect it will be watered down and barely touch them. I hope not, and there are some prediction very serious consequences, we shall see!

I'm not so sure. As I said above, the government's white paper is about to be published and the Prem will want to show that they can self regulate without independent governance. City are in deep shyte. The only reason it goes up to 17/.18 season is because they've yet to provide the relevant documentation for the seasons after, so things are probably going to get much worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â