Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

The Abu Dhabi family, the Saudis, the Qataris…

All these oil sheikhs who are members of the royal families of sovereign nations famous for human rights abuses and people trafficking…

They don’t even give a toss about the sports they are “investing” in…

The World Cup, LIV golf, heavyweight boxing fights, Man City, PSG, Newcastle…

They just love sneering and proving to everyone that they can put a price on everything and anything and pay it without breaking a sweat…

It would just be really nice for once… just once… for someone to have some principles… for someone to stick the middle finger up at them, tell them to stick their money up their arses and call them out for what they are…

Boeing, IBM, Facebook, capcom, citibank, uber, livenation, Disney, Nintendo, EA, Activision, twitter, BP, Harrods, barclays, VW, porsche, sainsburys, total, air liquid, hochtief, vinci, group torras, bein and al jazeera, mandarin oriental, AMD, ferrari, McLaren

Let alone all the banking and infrastructure bits and pieces they'll own, obviously large parts of the oil and gas world

Its not a football or sports thing, they're making the world go round, that middle finger isn't coming anytime soon

• Like 1

So £260k or just over 1/4th of Haaland's weekly salary in fines for their fans storming the pitch and one of them punching Robin Olsen. Seems fair, that'll show them.

Edited by sne

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Boeing, IBM, Facebook, capcom, citibank, uber, livenation, Disney, Nintendo, EA, Activision, twitter, BP, Harrods, barclays, VW, porsche, sainsburys, total, air liquid, hochtief, vinci, group torras, bein and al jazeera, mandarin oriental, AMD, ferrari, McLaren

Let alone all the banking and infrastructure bits and pieces they'll own, obviously large parts of the oil and gas world

Its not a football or sports thing, they're making the world go round, that middle finger isn't coming anytime soon

Yeah sadly they've earnt so much money over so long they have invested in pretty much every money making business or brand in the world. 

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah sadly they've earnt so much money over so long they have invested in pretty much every money making business or brand in the world. 

Going OT but the Saudi PIF is going after the gaming industry, they want to set up something similar to Tencent which I think predominantly focus on esports (and has peaked as a trillion $ business...) as well as setting aside $13bn to buy a leading developer, ubisoft are probably the obvious one given their troubles their value is low but could be EA

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Going OT but the Saudi PIF is going after the gaming industry, they want to set up something similar to Tencent which I think predominantly focus on esports (and has peaked as a trillion $ business...) as well as setting aside $13bn to buy a leading developer, ubisoft are probably the obvious one given their troubles their value is low but could be EA

They're going to buy nearly everything FFS. Although does sportwashing even work? Sure they might sponsor a few sports but I sure as hell am never going to go there. 

To be honest I doubt $13 bil will buy EA, will be more like 50

Edited by VillaJ100

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Sure they might sponsor a few sports but I sure as hell am never going to go there. 

You might not, but plenty do in general, and loads of people will go and watch the World Cup, because they're not personally killing the construction workers so what's the harm.

The west is like a desperate addict dancing on command while the arab states toss loose change our way.

Interesting that a Ukrainian activist wants City investigated for Fit and Proper Person as Sheikh Mansour is assisting Russian oligarchs

Normally this would be swept under the carpet by the Premier League

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So FFP doesn't stop man City it just cripples the rest of us

Who'd have thought it

If FFP just allowed owners to gift money to clubs without putting it as debts there wouldn't be a problem. 

All FFP does is help protect the established elite. 

• Like 1

Quelle surprise.

Unfortunately they also have so much money any punishment they get will either be insignificant to them or they'll pump money into lawyers to force the best outcome for them.

Letting countries run football clubs was a very bad idea.

I thought they would walk it this season, I know a few were probably saving themselves for the world cup yesterday, but it's not the first time this season they have stuttered a little. I still think they'll win it mind, Arsenal will not keep up there form all season.

Â