Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Pep giving a character witness of Mendy in court today, saying he was a “good boy”. 

Wouldn't expect any manager / employer to say anything different to be honest, in all walks of life

If he was a right word removed then it would rise questions as to why they employed him in the first place

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Pep giving a character witness of Mendy in court today, saying he was a “good boy”. 

Though to put it in context Pep did say he only knows them from the training ground, and doesn’t follow any player on social media or know anything about what they do once they leave Man City facilities.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63727335

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at the club until 2025.

Guardiola, 51, has won 11 trophies, including four Premier League titles, during six years at Etihad Stadium.

"From day one I felt something special being here. I cannot be in a better place," said Spaniard Guardiola.

"I am so pleased to be staying at Manchester City for another two years."

He added: "I can't say thank you enough to everyone at the club for trusting me. I am happy and comfortable, and I have everything I need to do my job as best as possible.

"I know the next chapter of this club will be amazing for the next decade. It happened over the last 10 years, and it will happen in the next 10 years because this club is so stable.

"I still have the feeling there is more we can achieve together and that is why I want to stay and continue fighting for trophies."

Will make our title challenge a bit harder next year....

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Phillips dropped after coming back from the World Cup “overweight”. 

It's ok they'll sign Bellingham in January as cover till he's finished his weight watchers programme 🤣 

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Phillips dropped after coming back from the World Cup “overweight”. 

Don’t think he’s Peps kind of player at all. Definitely not good enough for the level they want.

They only signed him to stop him going to a rival club. Phillips will walk away this season with a winners medal so he won’t mind but still, we all know he won’t have earned it.

Just now, Genie said:

Makes them look silly though when they don’t play. It looks like DoF type signings rather than manager signings.

We'll see

Grealish will get to 35 games this season but probably not the big games

Phillips I think is purely to keep Rodri fresher when they get to the CL semi finals

They bought mid table teams club captains and childhood fans in order to keep better players fresh for the last stages of the season... Do whatever they want money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Where? Nobody is watching Man City for Kalvin Phillips a bang average clogger and Grealish 15 minutes of fame as a superstar is over

Grealish was a pretty big name 2 seasons ago to be fair. My neighbours’ son is 8 and wears (still) his hair slicked back with an alice band because he wants to be Grealish.

He supports Leicester. 

3 hours ago, sne said:

They've come out with a oversized kinda ice hockey style jersey. Is there a market for this stuff? Might be nice if it's cold I guess...

307_manchester_city_oversized_winter_jersey_g.jpg307_manchester_city_oversized_winter_jersey_a.jpg

It would be much nicer if they didn’t have those horrid sleeves. If they wanted a hockey trim they’d better stick it along the bottom trim. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

150m blown on the two flops so far.

Don't you need a certain amount of home grown players in your champions league squad? Plus buying a couple of English internationals will stop the media turning on you and making you the villains in any title race. Grealish and Phillips were squad fillers and they just had to pay the English premium. Would have been the same if they signed rice and Maddison.

Â