Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No

It was great and at least they finally put the city on mainstream TV, its great marketing that the council should use too, there are brummie accents on prime time BBC1 

Man City using it though.... **** off! They've then also used it really badly 

I just thought the show was, well, ok. After I finished the first 4 series I really didn't care about the characters, and didn't care to watch the next series.

I get what you mean about marketing, but I think there are better ways to promote a city than this series.

But, I get that some people liked it, and you can't please all.

Two blue clubs that are using the peaky blinders is just a bit weak in my opinion. It's like if West Ham used Eastenders in their marketing.

Just a bit soap opera-ish. 

This is unstoppable, as in all big business,  the rich will get richer and the competition will disappear. 

City and PSG are locking horns in a ‘money no object’ fight for which the clubs beneath them must pay an inevitable price.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-psg-jack-grealish-man-city-pawn-qatar-abu-dhabi-1142777

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

I could have sworn it was filmed in Liverpool?

Probably filmed all over the place but some of it is definitely in Manchester. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/gallery/cillian-murphy-takes-canals-manchester-20546819

"cast and crew of Peaky Blinders have returned to Manchester city centre to resume filming the sixth series of the hit show.

It's the first time they've been spotted on set here since the sad death of one of the show's lead actors, Helen McCrory, last month.

A giant film set has once again been constructed in Castlefield, this time spilling onto the canals"

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/gallery/cillian-murphy-takes-canals-manchester-20546819

"cast and crew of Peaky Blinders have returned to Manchester city centre to resume filming the sixth series of the hit show.

It's the first time they've been spotted on set here since the sad death of one of the show's lead actors, Helen McCrory, last month.

A giant film set has once again been constructed in Castlefield, this time spilling onto the canals"

same as when they did use Liverpool for filming, that kind of shit hole doesnt exist in brum any more...

the midlands filming has to be done at the black country museum, Liverpool im sure they use for the houses 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

same as when they did use Liverpool for filming, that kind of shit hole doesnt exist in brum any more...

the midlands filming has to be done at the black country museum, Liverpool im sure they use for the houses 

I’d imagine parts of Digbeth could be used.

17 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

A lot of it is filmed at the Black Country Museum in Dudley.

A "living" museum and well worth a day out of you're from the W Mids.

48 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

No,  it's as if West Ham used Brookside in it's marketing.

yeah thats more accurate, at least eastenders is set around the same part in the same city with actual west ham fans in the show

man city has absolutely no ties to peaky blinders, made worse by neither does jack...its birmingham city that has the tie not an ex aston villa player

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah thats more accurate, at least eastenders is set around the same part in the same city with actual west ham fans in the show

man city has absolutely no ties to peaky blinders, made worse by neither does jack...its birmingham city that has the tie not an ex aston villa player

Think it was an attempt to get Villa back on side by winding up the blues

Whatever it was it failed and they look like a small time joke

On 11/08/2021 at 13:18, Phil Silvers said:

This is unstoppable, as in all big business,  the rich will get richer and the competition will disappear. 

City and PSG are locking horns in a ‘money no object’ fight 

I'd add chelsea in there too. Those 3 are ahead of the game, then probably man utd and real madrid and then a big gap to everyone else. It's hilarious to see the mighty liverpool slide back down from the top table. Break out the black armbands. 

Before anyone points out football is broken, it's not. It's always been this way it just used to be bayern, Juventus, real Madrid and man utd buying league/cl titles. Now its three or four different clubs. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58216727

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager challenges critics over club's spending

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has challenged the club's critics to come up with the evidence if they believe the Blues are breaking Financial Fair Play rules.

Thirteen months after the Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned City's two-year ban from European competition for breaching Uefa's FFP rules, questions about the club's spending are again being raised.

Guardiola defended City's British record £100m signing of England midfielder Jack Grealish.

The Spanish manager insists the deal was only possible because of the £60m-worth of sales by the club over the past 12 months, including the £11m received from Borussia Dortmund following Jadon Sancho's move to Manchester United.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jono62 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58216727

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager challenges critics over club's spending

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has challenged the club's critics to come up with the evidence if they believe the Blues are breaking Financial Fair Play rules.

Thirteen months after the Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned City's two-year ban from European competition for breaching Uefa's FFP rules, questions about the club's spending are again being raised.

Guardiola defended City's British record £100m signing of England midfielder Jack Grealish.

The Spanish manager insists the deal was only possible because of the £60m-worth of sales by the club over the past 12 months, including the £11m received from Borussia Dortmund following Jadon Sancho's move to Manchester United.

How are they finding the money for Kane then? 

Hey Pep it's OK we found £150M down the back of the sofa..... 

Pep the billion dollar man. 

Â