Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The difference between the Leicester end and the City end in this charity shield competition.... City just don't seem to have any fans at all.

Yeah tickets in the City end went to general sale where people could pick up 4 tickets 😂

First proper game back with fans in a cup final at Wembley and they still don't sell it out it seems. 

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah tickets in the City end went to general sale where people could pick up 4 tickets 😂

First proper game back with fans in a cup final at Wembley and they still don't sell it out it seems. 

They struggle to sell out Wembley nowadays. Even for the league cup final they struggled massively. I’m not saying it’s poor or it isn’t poor. They say it’s because they go there every season near enough plus the extra CL games they play home and away . 

52 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They struggle to sell out Wembley nowadays. Even for the league cup final they struggled massively. I’m not saying it’s poor or it isn’t poor. They say it’s because they go there every season near enough plus the extra CL games they play home and away . 

Still got a bit of a small club mentality sometimes I think.

21 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

That City squad is ridiculous when you look at it, their bench alone is something else. Kind of sickening in a way. 

That said, Leicester making them look average so far. 

The average squad player (not just starters) at Man City is 41 Million pounds.

FFP is working a treat right?

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Still got a bit of a small club mentality sometimes I think.

Yeah a bit like us at times I think . It takes time I suppose to turn yourself until a proper big European club. Clubs like United , Liverpool and Arsenal were already huge when they had their golden years, although Liverpool didn’t become that big until later on as it was Everton who were the bigger club from the city but that’s changed now massively . Chelsea and City are very big now . 

What is really shitty is that the Charity Shield was always meant to be for, Charity! & even though Wembley made it very affordable the Mancs took hardly any fans down there.

So charities miss out because Arab blood oil money bought Pep the PL. Maybe should go in the games gone thread.

Â