Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

10 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What is really shitty is that the Charity Shield was always meant to be for, Charity! & even though Wembley made it very affordable the Mancs took hardly any fans down there.

So charities miss out because Arab blood oil money bought Pep the PL. Maybe should go in the games gone thread.

For years people made the excuse they're in so many cup finals, too expensive, and it's a long way to go that often...

They've not been able to attend a game for 18 months and they get nowhere near selling out.

It doesn't matter how many billions of dirty money are pumped in, they're a small club.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

For years people made the excuse they're in so many cup finals, too expensive, and it's a long way to go that often...

They've not been able to attend a game for 18 months and they get nowhere near selling out.

It doesn't matter how many billions of dirty money are pumped in, they're a small club.

If the money left they’d evaporate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If it was villa would it be gone for us? Of course not

And for all the money they've spent pre pep city didn't actually win that much, even with pep they haven't dominated every season, still no CL, this year will be tough in the league with utd and Chelsea 

In the last 3 seasons they won 6 out of the available 9 domestic trophies. It's been domination to be honest.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would you compare city to juve, psg and bayern? 

Not really. That's more of an indictment of their respective leagues though. In England we have 5 other clubs with ridiculous money. Not to mention teams like Sheffield United who finished bottom last season who had more revenue than AC Milan for example. Even with all that, the other teams are feeding off scraps. I don't know if that makes it worse than the other leagues where everyone except for 1 team is absolutely skint.

Just now, StanBalaban said:

City are obviously going to finish in the top 4 (probably top 2), but it would be pretty sweet for it to be 2nd at best, knocked out early of the CL (somewhere cold to boot), and Villa win the FA Cup.

That would be pretty sweet, but in the current league with players where they are, I don't see any result but Man City running away with it. 

The record for a PL title win is with 5 games to spare. I feel pretty confident they'll beat that this season.

Just now, Davkaus said:

That would be pretty sweet, but in the current league with players where they are, I don't see any result but Man City running away with it. 

The record for a PL title win is with 5 games to spare. I feel pretty confident they'll beat that this season.

I think with Lukaku, Chelsea can give them a run for their money. 

Tuchel seems a lot more pragmatic than Pep, who could fall victim to his 'creativity' once more. Both teams are odious and can outspend the rest of the league, but I think Roman will want Tuchel to deliver the title this year.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pep after this probably needs another 200 million to strenghten the squad. What a con man 

Also saying that there are many players that will need to find a new club. Players that he signed for hundreds of millions of Pounds. 

word removed.

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That was a weak city team against a strong Leicester team who won a last minute penalty. Wouldn’t read too much into that . 

The £40m defender that Guardiola signed but rarely gets a game who gave away the penalty.

Sure a weakened team by their standards, but outside of a couple of youth players, this was a very expensive team out there. 

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The £40m defender that Guardiola signed but rarely gets a game who gave away the penalty.

Sure a weakened team by their standards, but outside of a couple of youth players, this was a very expensive team out there. 

No doubt expensive . Pep used this game as a friendly and it showed. Leicester are a class team. Frustrating in a way for city , but not really surprised with the result .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think with Lukaku, Chelsea can give them a run for their money. 

Tuchel seems a lot more pragmatic than Pep, who could fall victim to his 'creativity' once more. Both teams are odious and can outspend the rest of the league, but I think Roman will want Tuchel to deliver the title this year.

Yes i agree although I think it will take close to 100 points to do it. Cant see many team getting points off City. 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I would compare them to PSG

I think they're heading there under pep but not quite there yet, if he stays that long he will have a similar record as them in winning something like 7 league titles in 10 years 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think they're heading there under pep but not quite there yet, if he stays that long he will have a similar record as them in winning something like 7 league titles in 10 years 

Yes I think they are a better team than PSG because they are playing in a stronger league but in terms of buying their way to success.  And I am not taking anything away from Pep because i think hes a brilliant manager/coach who has raised the standard of football in the Premier League. 

Edited by PaulC

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Genuinely curious what their traditional fan base from before the takeover and the $$$ feels about the club and how their fan base act online? 

Be very curious to see how the Premier League FFP investigation turns out. Got away with breaching at CAS due to technicalties and evidence being time barred which is ridiculous. 

Nearly as ridiculous as fans from other sites hanging out on here.... I see we're now replacing the weird, kinda desperate and attention seeking Leeds fans with ones from City. I think I preferred the Leeds fans as at least they're not glory hunting. 

I imagine the long standing fans are enjoying the success but those like Noel Gallagher do seem to resonate that they also enjoy projecting their new found achievement and arrogance  to other fans.

they lost today, bloody good, I hope United win the title and they lose in the champions league final again.

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Genuinely curious what their traditional fan base from before the takeover and the $$$ feels about the club and how their fan base act online? 

Be very curious to see how the Premier League FFP investigation turns out. Got away with breaching at CAS due to technicalties and evidence being time barred which is ridiculous. 

Nearly as ridiculous as fans from other sites hanging out on here.... I see we're now replacing the weird, kinda desperate and attention seeking Leeds fans with ones from City. I think I preferred the Leeds fans as at least they're not glory hunting. 

I'm quite interested in that CAS case and the evidence part, do you have any more info or links about that? Do you know if the CAS award is public?

Â