Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Would you compare city to juve, psg and bayern? 

Bayern and Juve are bigger clubs I have no doubt. City and PSG just have more money. Bayern are an institution on par with Real and Barca 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bayern and Juve are bigger clubs I have no doubt. City and PSG just have more money. Bayern are an institution on par with Real and Barca 

Couldn’t beat the mighty Villa in ‘82 though could they?

• Like 2

It's Liverscum and Scumchester United that I've always despised. Man City are the flavour of the month. I don't like their owners though because of how they came into power. 

Man City to me are a bit meh.

• Like 1

Citeh, Chelski and PSG are 'new money'. Brash and vulgar. 

Juve, Barca and Real Madrid are 'old money'. Out of touch and struggling to keep up with the nouveau riche

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think they're heading there under pep but not quite there yet, if he stays that long he will have a similar record as them in winning something like 7 league titles in 10 years 

Win all the leagues he wants with a super budget but he cant win the big one. Greatest manager ever🤔🙄

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What is really shitty is that the Charity Shield was always meant to be for, Charity! & even though Wembley made it very affordable the Mancs took hardly any fans down there.

So charities miss out because Arab blood oil money bought Pep the PL. Maybe should go in the games gone thread.

"Revenue from the gate receipts and match programme sales is distributed to the 124 clubs who competed in the FA Cup from the first round onwards, for onward distribution to charities and projects of their choice, while the remainder is distributed to the FA's national charity partners."

Maybe you should do some homework on how much money the City owners/CFG have put back into the City of Manchester and its community (including charities).

I'll give you a hint, its far more than most clubs in this league....including United.

9 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

"Revenue from the gate receipts and match programme sales is distributed to the 124 clubs who competed in the FA Cup from the first round onwards, for onward distribution to charities and projects of their choice, while the remainder is distributed to the FA's national charity partners."

Maybe you should do some homework on how much Arab blood oil money the City owners/CFG have put back into the City of Manchester and its community (including charities).

I'll give you a hint, its far more than most clubs in this league....including United.

FTFY

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Win all the leagues he wants with a super budget but he cant win the big one. Greatest manager ever🤔🙄

If you are referring to the european knockout league, he's won it more times than any other manager in England.  Twice.

If you are referring to winning the best league in world football, he's done that 3 times in 4 years in England (the Premier League being the world's best league for at least the last 5-6 years), and done it 3 times in 4 years with Barcelona when La Liga was still considered the best league in world football.

Also won multiple titles with Bayern Munich in the Bundasliga. 

Name someone with a better record in three different countries.

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That was a weak city team against a strong Leicester team who won a last minute penalty. Wouldn’t read too much into that . 

Leicester defence was hardly first choice, they were playing Ryan Bertrand at LB lol

Edited by AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Leicester defence was hardly first choice, they were playing Ryan Bertrand at LB lol

Lets face it the Community Shield is a glorified practice match...always has been.

Never understood all the fuss about it to be honest.

The real games start with week one of the league season....always have.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I’ve lost touch with other clubs a bit, but he was a regular in my dream team. Cheap and reliable . He must be in his 30s now? Always used to be a good player.

30 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

If you are referring to the european knockout league, he's won it more times than any other manager in England.  Twice.

If you are referring to winning the best league in world football, he's done that 3 times in 4 years in England (the Premier League being the world's best league for at least the last 5-6 years), and done it 3 times in 4 years with Barcelona when La Liga was still considered the best league in world football.

Also won multiple titles with Bayern Munich in the Bundasliga. 

Name someone with a better record in three different countries.

Name someone who has spent more money in the last 5 years

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

Lets face it the Community Shield is a glorified practice match...always has been.

Never understood all the fuss about it to be honest.

The real games start with week one of the league season....always have.

I disagree. It was always quite a good game when I was growing up. Utd took it seriously under Ferguson. didn't Newcastle spank them 4 or 5 nil after the famous "love it" Keegan year? It was somewhat of a grudge match in the 90's

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Whats somewhat sad is that the original fans of Man City were pretty loyal. It didn't have a hug fan base especially compared to United and they were somewhat of a yoyo club in the PL days. Now obviously they have millions of plastics because of the success (I have no idea which camp you are in.)

But the sadness is that the original fans were bribed, unknowingly.

Yes, we will come and buy you Robinho! We will buy you Aguero! we will spend on transfer fees and wages the GDP of small countries over a 10 year period. We will give money to local charities! We do all of this because we are benevolent: we are good people whoo believe in philanthropy and  the power of sport to solve all social ills!

Nah - they have spent all of the money to sportswash the brand of their country which commits horrific human rights abuses and they know that they are in a PR battle. If you want to believe that somehow their heart is in the right place, then I am afraid to tell you that you are deluding yourself. 

It's not really your fault, or other original fans of City. They dangled all these shiny nice things in front of you and having been not a very successful club for decades, and having a neighbor and closest rival having untold success, it's easy to see why you would be ecstatic. But sadly it's all an awful, awful lie. It is also helping destroy a beautiful game that we all (and I'm sure you also) absolutely love. How many teams will be left if the status quo continues? A Super League of 4? Where does it end?

Quite honestly i would be horrified if this had happened to Aston Villa. We were founded in 1874 not 2010 (or whenever you were taken over.) I know you will try and defend it but It is all just so very, very sad.

Success always brings plastics along with it, just ask the New England Patriots.  Plenty of them over here in Oz as well.  Ask them when they first made a SB and most will tell you 2001.

Just remember United were not a big club until after WWII and the Matt Busby years, and didn't really dominate until until Fergie came along. We had a golden period in the late 60' and 70's but then went into 30 years of wandering around in the desert.  Remember there are still more City fans in the city of Manchester than United fans, even after Fergie's successes. 

Would I change what's happened the last 10 years? Of course not.  Neither would MANY Villa fans if it happened to your club. When you've suffered long periods of pain, you don't refuse the pain relief when it comes.

9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm quite interested in that CAS case and the evidence part, do you have any more info or links about that? Do you know if the CAS award is public?

If you Google "Manchester City CAS ffp notes" you'll easily find the full 93 page report. 

A more condensed journalist report can be found here. Purely the first that popped up so there might be better reports out there. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/28/uefa-claim-against-manchester-city-over-sponsor-money-time-barred-cas-rules

Essentially, 2 of the 3 lawyers (so not even a full consensus) reviewing the case decided not to look at that evidence as it was too old. 

"The CFCB found after its investigations and hearings that the Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), the company through which Sheikh Mansour of the Abu Dhabi ruling family owns City, had funded payments in 2012 and 2013, understood to be £15m each year, that were reported to the Football Association and to Uefa as independent sponsorships from the telecoms company Etisalat. 

The Cas panel of three European lawyers decided by a majority 2-1, however, that it would not consider the legitimacy of those Etisalat payments, because they were made more than five years before the CFCB charges were brought in May 2019, so were “time-barred”."

"The Cas judgment makes no suggestion of bias, and states that “Uefa by no means filed frivolous charges against MCFC. As also acknowledged by MCFC, there was a legitimate basis to prosecute MCFC.”"

City so appointed one of the 3 lawyers and he was the panels chairman. "Some European sports lawyers, speaking to the Guardian, have questioned the independence of the panel member nominated by City, Andrew McDougall QC, a partner in the international law firm White and Case. McDougall was chair of his firm’s operations council for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, from 2016-2018, which includes an office in Abu Dhabi. That office lists Etisalat as a client, and the Abu Dhabi airline Etihad, whose sponsorships were also central to the case, as well as several Abu Dhabi state enterprises." But to be clear on that bit:

There is no suggestion of actual bias on the part of either of City’s nominated arbitrators."

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

Both my kids like Man City now because they still love Grealish.   Urrrghhhh. 😡

Im going to have to beat this out of them!! (joke obviously!)

Spare the Rod spoil the child 

Â