Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

12 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

"Cleared of"

But yeah this is something else. Well, it's exactly the same concept but new leaked (hacked and stolen) evidence for different incidences of financial doping.

It is absolutely clear cut from the leaks to me. I'm sure their team of 87 lawyers will protect them from any punishment though.

From a bonafide criminal and fraudster who has been jailed numerous times for hacking, fraud and deception, but is being paid from sources yet unknown to produce this information?

We had the UEFA decision overturned in CAS which included this type of "evidence" being presented, and after another shot by whoever is behind this criminal/fraudster we will be cleared by the PL.

• Haha 1

I mean, Pep is the manager equivalent of that monopoly player who takes four pink notes and hides them, then wins the game by buying every main property he lands on. 

and when you add in what them and PSG do with sponsorship it’s like both of them saying they’ve spoken to the bank and they’ve sponsored them with another £2,000 so they can slam hotels straight on Park Lane and Mayfair.

then when a club like Southampton or Vill have any chance of getting close, they’ll get the card saying “advance to Mayfair” 

I never thought I’d find a club which annoyed me as much as United and chelsea fan’s but City’s fan base overall make those two look like their fan base is the Barmy Army.

they’ve already won the domestic double at least imo, premier league largely done now for a couple of years. 

their smugness on social is toxic 

8 hours ago, kidlewis said:

I never thought I’d find a club which annoyed me as much as United and chelsea fan’s but City’s fan base overall make those two look like their fan base is the Barmy Army.

they’ve already won the domestic double at least imo, premier league largely done now for a couple of years. 

their smugness on social is toxic 

Genuinely curious what their traditional fan base from before the takeover and the $$$ feels about the club and how their fan base act online? 

Be very curious to see how the Premier League FFP investigation turns out. Got away with breaching at CAS due to technicalties and evidence being time barred which is ridiculous. 

Nearly as ridiculous as fans from other sites hanging out on here.... I see we're now replacing the weird, kinda desperate and attention seeking Leeds fans with ones from City. I think I preferred the Leeds fans as at least they're not glory hunting. 

13 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Anybody see Peps latest comments about Kane. They are interested but Spurs value him at 160 million. Unless Spurs are prepared to negotiate they cannot do a deal. So city cannot afford him at 160 so Spurs need to reduce their asking price.

The arrogance of him and the club is stunning.

They can afford it, but refusing to pay that amount, to me trying to prove a point, basically saying, we won't pay anything for anyone and be held to ransom.

I can say with all honesty there is absolutely nothing I can find to like about Man City, this is not bitterness just my reality.  Let's be honest I hate the scum but at least I can laugh at how ridiculous they are, with Man City there is just nothing.  They are everything that is wrong in football, condescending to other clubs, arrogant, the ESL debacle, there use of state sponsorship to flout FFP, the list goes on and on.  They are my nemesis.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest I don't mind them because I really don't care about them... Man City are easy to blank out, they haven't got the weird glory hunting obsessed deluded fan base that's living next door to you like utd or Liverpool, I'm not even sure I've ever met a man City fan...

I know quite a few City fans, and they're all absolutely fine. They were all City fans before Guardiola and all that, and they're also only too well aware of what utter weapons the United fanbase can be/have been - after years and years of calling Utd fans arrogant and all that, they have it ingrained in them "not to be like that lot".

Social media is never going to be a good reflection, but the actual people in real life are in my experience a sound lot.

• Like 4

I was trying to explain my stance on city to a ‘football fan’ (one of those..no particular team they follow - I don’t get it) who has a soft spot for city.

I appreciate that a small proportion of their current fan base are proper fans. I appreciate the work they are trying to do around the area, and do applaud that they have at least spent what they have spent relatively well (considering the whole package).

however…I just don’t respect their achievements. Each and every medal they win feels completely hollow. It’s like someone adding £1Bn to a team on FM and parading around the front room when they beat Brighton 6-0. Who cares!? When they win something my brain basically wipes it - it’s like that competition didn’t happen. If it were up to me the record books for them would show asterisks next to every mention.

I question why I don’t feel the exact same way about Chelsea…perhaps it’s because it was novelty first time around (the overnight success unlike United which at least was earned through success)….but I think City just confirmed ‘yep this is a thing now…’. I can’t wait for Abu Dhabi to get bored and pack up.

I used to occasionally work with a city fan from Stoke, he had been a season ticket holder at Maine Road and supported them since he was little. He had an expansive knowledge of football, and was a nice lad. I knew him around the time that they moved to the Etihad, he was pretty disillusioned at this point, saying that the crowd had changed and the new breed of fan was very noticeable. He used to say that he preferred it before the oil money flooded in. 

It often makes me wonder whether I’d feel the same with Villa. If we keep spending and join the Champions League ‘elite’, will we attract a load of glory hunting fans? demanding that we buy the best talent and behaving arrogantly to other club’s fans. I’m not sure we’ll ever be as bad as city, but you never know. 

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I used to occasionally work with a city fan from Stoke, he had been a season ticket holder at Maine Road and supported them since he was little. He had an expansive knowledge of football, and was a nice lad. I knew him around the time that they moved to the Etihad, he was pretty disillusioned at this point, saying that the crowd had changed and the new breed of fan was very noticeable. He used to say that he preferred it before the oil money flooded in. 

It often makes me wonder whether I’d feel the same with Villa. If we keep spending and join the Champions League ‘elite’, will we attract a load of glory hunting fans? demanding that we buy the best talent and behaving arrogantly to other club’s fans. I’m not sure we’ll ever be as bad as city, but you never know. 

It’s never been any different though and you’ll always get fans that chase the glory. When I was young there were kids in Liverpool and Man U kits but in the main you supported a local team.

I guarantee that they’ll be kids wearing Man City shirts from the Midlands now and in the future. It’s how it is.

On a smaller scale, I’m holidaying at present in Cornwall and my kids wanted pretend tattoos from a street seller yesterday.  Thankfully my daughter chose some glitter stars and my lad chose a Sonic the Hedgehog one.  When looking at the board of choices the football club badges were Utd, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs! This is the problem, branding on a small scale but it’s an issue. 

• Like 2

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in here already but the City owners have spent a lot of money improving areas of Manchester and also making football pitches and coaching available to a lot of disadvantaged kids.

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in here already but the City owners have spent a lot of money improving areas of Manchester and also making football pitches and coaching available to a lot of disadvantaged kids.

Yeah I thought part of the reason the stadium sponsor value investigation thing went nowhere was because their owners argued that they were actually sponsoring near enough a postcode 

I really disagree with the hollow victory stuff too, teams have been doing this for too long now, it wasn't hollow when Blackburn did it, or utd for near 20 years, or Chelsea, it wouldn't be hollow if villa did it either... We much like probably man City fans would not give a **** how it came about 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Genuinely curious what their traditional fan base from before the takeover and the $$$ feels about the club and how their fan base act online? 

Be very curious to see how the Premier League FFP investigation turns out. Got away with breaching at CAS due to technicalties and evidence being time barred which is ridiculous. 

Nearly as ridiculous as fans from other sites hanging out on here.... I see we're now replacing the weird, kinda desperate and attention seeking Leeds fans with ones from City. I think I preferred the Leeds fans as at least they're not glory hunting. 

Leeds are one of the original glory hunting clubs . There’s a reason why they have a nationwide fan base and that’s because of the Revie years during the late 60s through to the mid 70s. Also they only started filling their ground once they had a chance of promotion to the premier league. Before that they rarely hit 30k and was averaging around 25k. From what I’ve heard the old school city fans feel that the club has lost itself somewhat. The fan base they attract now is a far cry from the Maine Road years, and even the early Etihad years, although the atmosphere is crap compared to Maine Road. 

18 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Anybody see Peps latest comments about Kane. They are interested but Spurs value him at 160 million. Unless Spurs are prepared to negotiate they cannot do a deal. So city cannot afford him at 160 so Spurs need to reduce their asking price.

The arrogance of him and the club is stunning.

Have they tried selling some playing so they can buy Kane for less money, or something?

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s never been any different though and you’ll always get fans that chase the glory. When I was young there were kids in Liverpool and Man U kits but in the main you supported a local team.

I guarantee that they’ll be kids wearing Man City shirts from the Midlands now and in the future. It’s how it is.

On a smaller scale, I’m holidaying at present in Cornwall and my kids wanted pretend tattoos from a street seller yesterday.  Thankfully my daughter chose some glitter stars and my lad chose a Sonic the Hedgehog one.  When looking at the board of choices the football club badges were Utd, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs! This is the problem, branding on a small scale but it’s an issue. 

My wife’s nephew is a plastic City fan. His dad is Wolves. He started off following Spurs but then switched to City. Not got much time for that sort of thing so don’t really bother talking to him much about footy when I see him. There’s still very few City fans around where I live. I know of one but he got into City because he was a huge Oasis fan. I see the odd City shirt about, but not many. I’ve just got back from South Wales on holiday and I seen 2-3 City shirts. There was more Villa, Blues , Wolves , Liverpool, Arsenal , United , Chelsea shirts. Infact that’s all it seemed to be mainly .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

On the plastic kids thing I think Perez and agnelli are right, kids seemingly follow players now rather than teams and because football is so accessible they don't have to glory hunt English clubs

Chelsea just about squeezed through the door but city didn't, barca, real Madrid, psg etc are all bigger in the Midlands than Man City 

Which again this whole "they don't even need grealish" thing, you can make solid arguments as to why they do... 

Edited by villa4europe

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The romance of supporting City must be long gone. What are the compelling narratives other than trying to buy the Champions League. They are an exhibition team, like the Harlem Globetrotters. Its a prefabricated bore.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

To some degree I worry it’s just a fact of life with football. Right now Norwich and Saints fans see us as arrogant player poachers. Even worse that in their eyes we don’t even represent a major step up like an ‘elite’ team.

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The romance of supporting City must be long gone. What are the compelling narratives other than trying to buy the Champions League. They are an exhibition team, like the Harlem Globetrotters. Its a prefabricated bore.

If it was villa would it be gone for us? Of course not

And for all the money they've spent pre pep city didn't actually win that much, even with pep they haven't dominated every season, still no CL, this year will be tough in the league with utd and Chelsea 

Â