coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes  interesting reading, a year later.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/04/antonio-conte-chelsea-jamie-redknapp-gary-neville-sky-sports

Antonio Conte branded the Sky Sports pundits Jamie Redknapp and Gary Neville “stupid” after they described Chelsea’s display in their 1-0 defeat by Manchester City as “anti-football” and “embarrassing” respectively.

Redknapp also labelled Chelsea’s performance as a “crime against football” while Neville, who was on co-commentary duties at the Etihad Stadium, said the visiting players had performed like “mannequins”.

Informed of the comments, Conte said: “The pundit has to use the head to understand when you speak about tactics. I think you must have knowledge to speak about tactics and not only to speak in a stupid way. You have to accept every criticism but I am not so stupid to play against Manchester Cityopen and to lose 3-0 or 4-0.

I bet he's had a good laugh tonight.

14 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Some of the whining by Chelsea fans is pathetic. We got tonked 0-8 by them and we didnt cry about it like this. Plastic losers.

They'll feel much better once they racially abuse someone. 

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2019 at 21:26, VillaChris said:

They were better with the 3-5-2.

A back 4 with Luiz at the heart of it is very suspect against the top 6.

Bingo.

Can see Chelsea finishing 6th. They need to take the europa league very seriously now.

Actually some Chelsea fans on twitter who want Mourinho back for a third spell. :crylaugh:

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bingo.

Can see Chelsea finishing 6th. They need to take the europa league very seriously now.

Actually some Chelsea fans on twitter who want Mourinho back for a third spell. :crylaugh:

Mourinho is a very good appointment as long as you sack him before his 3rd season

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I get that impression of Chelsea, a bit like us with Lerner and the players knowing he was never really there, there's something wrong at the club and its not the manager, they spend enough and are at times good enough to mask it but the club needs a rethink as to how they are ran

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doubt the ban will stand.

Money talks and FIFA will probably  suspend it after appeal

as it stands though, sacking Sarri has become more problematical if the new manager couldn’t sign new players. 

The ban will not restrict them from selling so I expect both Hazard and Willian to be amongst the leavers.

if their appeal fails, I wonder if Abramovich will call it a day and attempt to sell the club (new owners could lead to a fresh transfer ban appeal too maybe)?

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Doubt the ban will stand.

Money talks and FIFA will probably  suspend it after appeal

as it stands though, sacking Sarri has become more problematical if the new manager couldn’t sign new players. 

The ban will not restrict them from selling so I expect both Hazard and Willian to be amongst the leavers.

if their appeal fails, I wonder if Abramovich will call it a day and attempt to sell the club (new owners could lead to a fresh transfer ban appeal too maybe)?

Real, Barcelona and Atletico all served transfer bans recently

Im sure Chelsea had one before that was suspended

Bet they'll get it postponed for 1 window so they can still do deals in the summer, possibly on a 1 in, 1 out way.

Then they'll still be able to sign players over the following 2 windows. They'll just wont be able to register or use them til the ban is over.

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Real, Barcelona and Atletico all served transfer bans recently

Im sure Chelsea had one before that was suspended

Appeal has been confirmed - i’ll be surprised if the ban is upheld, regardless of other team bans. 

Fingers crossed the ban stands though. 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So Tammy also stays that means for them not that we would have had any hope of signing him on a permanent contract anyway. 

They're banned from signing players, but selling them. 

Guaranteed they'll appeal and sign/sell players while the appeal is pending.  Barcelona signed Luis Suarez and Ivan Rakitic in the window after their ban was first announced iirc. 

Â