coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an... interesting appointment. I suppose it's hard to think of any big name manager who would take that job at the moment. No idea how well he might do there, completely different set up and expectations to Derby, could go either way but should hopefully be fun finding out! 

they have a decent enough team somewhere in that squad

kepa

Azpil. - Christensen - zouma - Alonso

kante - jorginho

pulisic               willian                Pedro

Giroud

that's a better team than arsenal and you would think frank would get a better tune out of them than ole can with utd

I agree with the others, its hard to predict which way this will go. Usually with Chelsea it goes south at some point.

I was quite surprised that Frank allowed the huge party after winning the POSF against Leeds. I thought he'd have kept their feet on the ground and reminded them it means nothing if they lose the final. He obviously got caught in the moment and felt like one of the lads.

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree with the others, its hard to predict which way this will go. Usually with Chelsea it goes south at some point.

I was quite surprised that Frank allowed the huge party after winning the POSF against Leeds. I thought he'd have kept their feet on the ground and reminded them it means nothing if they lose the final. He obviously got caught in the moment and felt like one of the lads.

Not being funny but we did the same against West Brom.

Edited by Demitri_C

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they have a decent enough team somewhere in that squad

kepa

Azpil. - Christensen - zouma - Alonso

kante - jorginho

pulisic               willian                Pedro

Giroud

that's a better team than arsenal and you would think frank would get a better tune out of them than ole can with utd

I just think that looks a boring team. Willian? Yawn. Pedro? Yawn. Jorginho? Touch of a rapist. Give the 'yoof' a chance!

• Like 1

He is the only choice really, transfer ban in place, no chance of getting a good manager so let's go to our top goalscorer to manage us, Because you know when things go to shit the fans will still cheer on a club legend. 

A terrible appointment and one they've only done because of the ban they had. 

I hope they crash and burn

It's a strange appointment in terms of who Chelsea usually appoint.

Can't really predict how it will go. But I have a feeling it will either be a huge success or a total disaster.

With him being a club legend and the transfer embargo he kinda has a free card with this season, but I'm not sure that's how it works for a big club like them.

Will be an interesting season for them and him

18 minutes ago, sne said:

With him being a club legend and the transfer embargo he kinda has a free card with this season, but I'm not sure that's how it works for a big club like them.

Will be an interesting season for them and him

I dont think fans will grant him time if he loses 4/5 games out of 6.

It'll be "thanks Frank but we need someone better"

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wow didn't even realise how many players they had on loan. Honestly quite a few of those players could at minimum be impact subs. 

I think its nice that an Englishman has managed to get a job at a top club. I hope he's a relative success. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think its nice that an Englishman has managed to get a job at a top club. I hope he's a relative success. 

Very true.

Actually didn't think that was going to happen anytime soon.

Guess it's a special situation with big name ex players having a short cut to jobs but still.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But I have a feeling it will either be a huge success or a total disaster.

So it will either work or it won't? 

You ever considered a career in sports journalism? :trollface:

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

So it will either work or it won't? 

You ever considered a career in sports journalism? :trollface:

:D

fair. 

Specifically I mean he’ll either win league titles or he’ll be sacked by Christmas 

Who was the last English manager in european cup?

Can see Mason Mount getting a few games off the bench or even starts if Pulisic struggles to live up to the hype he's getting for people who haven't followed his career. Think Mount is ready to feature in 18 as he's done well in his two loan spells.

Â