coda

I get why Sarri would want Higuain since they had an amazing season together at Napoli a few years back.

But I get even more why Chelsea would be hesitant since he is 31 y.o, not the fittest and for most of his career, despite scoring lots of goals have needed about 8 chances for every goal.

Was farcical at Real at times. A more clinical striker would have scored 50 goals/ season given the chances he missed.

He's also a bit of a bottle job in big games.

Loan for the rest of the season? Sure. 

Permanent signing would be a costly mistake and help Sarri out the door.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, sne said:

I get why Sarri would want Higuain since they had an amazing season together at Napoli a few years back.

But I get even more why Chelsea would be hesitant since he is 31 y.o, not the fittest and for most of his career, despite scoring lots of goals have needed about 8 chances for every goal.

Was farcical at Real at times. A more clinical striker would have scored 50 goals/ season given the chances he missed.

Higuain is 31 years old.

Will only get worse not better.

Not a signing a progressive, forward thinking club would make. Sounds more like a signing out of desperation.

If he turns out a success and Chelsea remain inside top 4 i guess the signing will be worth it though, but i still think it's waste of resources to sign 31 year olds.

Edited by villalad21

45 minutes ago, sne said:

He's always looked like an unfit, fat piece of shit. Garbage player in many ways, the way he bottled the world cup final was a shameless display of cowardice.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They have the worlds best defensive midfielder and watching the game it looked like Kante played as a second striker.

I find it absurd.

Sarri has a set style and doesn’t seem to stray from it. He’s fitting the players into it rather than change his system to suit the team 

I think the reason he keeps playing Kante is so high up the pitch is because he's looking to get the ball back further up the pitch.  That's a good idea in theory, but Kante isn't great with the ball, so when he wins it, it doesn't go anywhere and it gives the opponents chance to regroup.

He was so good at Leicester and Chelsea 1st season because he broke up play and used his pace to get up the pitch quickly, he doesn't have that space playing high up the pitch. 

Think Hazard is off in the summer.

Actually this summer will be huge for them. Willian, Pedro, Cahill, and Luiz will all be in the mid to early 30s. Lots of pieces they need to replace.

Pulisic is a good start, and they should be playing Odoi, but I think they will need a top center back, top CM, and world class striker. 

• 2 weeks later...

Won't see out the season. They are awful. Even Lambert would look at them passing it around for 60 minutes and say 'that is a bit too much'

Higuain, Morata, Giroud, Hazard. I dom't know how any of them are expected to score goals, nobody passes the ball **** forwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Been adamant that Sarri wasn't going to get sacked or replaced in the summer, but I think I've been wrong.

The Higuain deal will also help with this as Sarri pushed it through and the club was not too keen.

Chelsea have no identity anymore. They were successful previously as they had the likes of Cech, Cole (A), Terry, Lampard, Cole (J), Drogba and even Diego Costa and they were 100% committed to Chelsea. Gradually that has been eroded.

Sarri is in way over his head. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Chelsea have no identity anymore. They were successful previously as they had the likes of Cech, Cole (A), Terry, Lampard, Cole (J), Drogba and even Diego Costa and they were 100% committed to Chelsea. Gradually that has been eroded.

Sarri is in way over his head. 

pretty much this. The only players that would be 100% Chelsea are Cahill and Azpilicueta. Rest are just playing for themselves. As said they had a strong core but never replaced

Ross Barkley on other hand is still a pile of shit though fine assist for Aguero today

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

pretty much this. The only players that would be 100% Chelsea are Cahill and Azpilicueta. Rest are just playing for themselves. As said they had a strong core but never replaced

Ross Barkley on other hand is still a pile of shit though fine assist for Aguero today

Tbh Kanté is probably the least selfish player in the world.

But other than that I agree.

Â