coda

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

They are paying a crazy amount of money for a player with one year left on his deal, if the reported figures are to be believed.

This is Real Madrid. Paid big money on Vinicius Junior and he did nothing before they bought him

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho back to Chelsea? Stranger things have happened but needs to prove he can change to match Pep and Klopp.  

No transfers at the moment could he fashion an attractive style of play with all those youngsters and what they have left?

Him or Lampard?

I don't want Lampard going to Chelsea, because I think there's too big a risk he'd try and take Terry there with him as part of his backroom team.  It'd be like the dream team returning home.  Maybe he would and maybe he wouldn't, but I don't want to find out, and if he was to ask then I think Terry would absolutely say yes, and you wouldn't begrudge him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Gossip is that Lampard want's Drogba in his backroom team, but not Terry.

To be honest, I think JT is better off here learning under Dean Smith for a while longer.

I imagine if he were to leave, it would be to become manager in his own right and not second fiddle to an ex-teammate. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Would be entertaining if Lampard went to Chelsea and tanked. I don't think he was that impressive at Derby. They usually finish in or around the playoffs and had some good players this season so it wasn't a huge overachievement. They didn't turn up in the playoff final and their win against Leeds was more down to injuries, goalkeeping mistakes and a red card than Frank's tactical genius. He might turn out to be a good manager but I don't think there's enough evidence of that based on just one season as a manager.

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have a funny feeling Man Utd and Chelsea will both be outside the top 6 in May.

I would not be surprised. They are so badly run that it almost negates their massive financial advantage. Hiring Lampard / Solskjaer are the sort of decisions that suggest the directors pay more attention to what the fans and media want rather than actually researching the right candidate. Daniel James promising talent but £25million!? There are some well run, professional teams waiting to take their places I think.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villadodo said:

I would not be surprised. They are so badly run that it almost negates their massive financial advantage. Hiring Lampard / Solskjaer are the sort of decisions that suggest the directors pay more attention to what the fans and media want rather than actually researching the right candidate. Daniel James promising talent but £25million!? There are some well run, professional teams waiting to take their places I think.

Let's hope the mismanagement turns into financial disaster, I'd love to see Man U especially crash and burn

21 hours ago, sne said:

Gossip is that Lampard want's Drogba in his backroom team, but not Terry.

I kind of understand that. Terry was always the leader/boss in the dressing room. Would Lampard feel a bit awkward with him as his assistant or perhaps worried he would try and take over things (not on purpose but just out of habit)

• Like 1

Can somebody explain to me who the hell this Frank Lampard is that you are all talking about? I thought Frank Lanyard was in pole position to be the next manager of Chelsea...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

If Lampard gets the Chelsea job I reckon  he will be sniffing around Grealish , he rates him very highly and with Hazard gone ..........

Pity about that transfer ban 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

stolen from Twitter

Chelsea have confirmed the appointment of Frank Lampard as head coach.

The club will now immediately begin the search for his successor.

Can't blame him. It's "home" for him, and he may never get a better chance. He could've just failed as a manager, or Chelsea could've hire someone who stays there for many years (lol), so you've got to take the chance when the door opens.

A choice does for 'passion' etc and not reality. If Chelsea had a team made of kids who grew up supporting Chelsea and lampard was manager they'd do better. Instead mercenaries like Higuain won't give two hoots about how many games Lampard played for Chelsea and instead focus on his training and coaching, which after one year I doubt is at the top top level yet. 

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

A choice does for 'passion' etc and not reality. If Chelsea had a team made of kids who grew up supporting Chelsea and lampard was manager they'd do better. Instead mercenaries like Higuain won't give two hoots about how many games Lampard played for Chelsea and instead focus on his training and coaching, which after one year I doubt is at the top top level yet. 

Well Higuain is gone and Tammy is back so that's a start I guess.

Â