coda

No idea what actually happened, as I didn't watch the game, but bringing on Caballero for Kepa would have made some sense, in that a] he has a very good penalty-saving record, and b] he might have had a better insight into which way his former teammates might have gone. 

However, it seems to me that if you're going to come up with a Cunning Plan you need to tell people before the match, not during it (again, not sure if this is relevant here, just a general observation). 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

A fine which he can easily afford to pay. That will show Kepa who's boss! 

It’s pretty much the only official punishment they can dish out, and even then it’s up to 2 weeks pay unless they get the PFA involved which I’m sure they can’t be arsed to do.

The other popular one being told to train with the kids. Remains to be seen if this happens.

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No idea what actually happened, as I didn't watch the game, but bringing on Caballero for Kepa would have made some sense, in that a] he has a very good penalty-saving record, and b] he might have had a better insight into which way his former teammates might have gone. 

However, it seems to me that if you're going to come up with a Cunning Plan you need to tell people before the match, not during it (again, not sure if this is relevant here, just a general observation). 

Whilst that’s correct, it’s kind of irrelevant in that the manager should be the boss. If he says you’re coming off then you come off. You don’t stay on because it wasn’t agreed in advance.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whilst that’s correct, it’s kind of irrelevant in that the manager should be the boss. If he says you’re coming off then you come off. You don’t stay on because it wasn’t agreed in advance.

Completely agree. I guess all I'm saying is that 'if it goes to peno's, we'll throw Willy on' is the sort of plan that could have been communicated before kick-off, seeing as its hardly eleven-dimensional chess. That's not to excuse the goalie if he knowingly refused to come off, or the manager for backing down. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Completely agree. I guess all I'm saying is that 'if it goes to peno's, we'll throw Willy on' is the sort of plan that could have been communicated before kick-off, seeing as its hardly eleven-dimensional chess. That's not to excuse the goalie if he knowingly refused to come off, or the manager for backing down. 

I saw on Facebook someone quoted the FA rules on the matter and it said if the player refuses to come off then the game continues. 

I wonder if Chelsea backed down or the ref said the game had to restart.

14 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Should have just made the change after the second period of extra time. Kepa Wouldnt have been able to do anything about it then. Didnt Holland do it with Krul after extra time in the WC 14'?

Indeed, however they made it well known that it would happen should the circumstance arise.

15 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Should have just made the change after the second period of extra time. Kepa Wouldnt have been able to do anything about it then. Didnt Holland do it with Krul after extra time in the WC 14'?

Pretty crazy to think that Tim Krul was starting WC knockout games.

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Pretty crazy to think that Tim Krul was starting WC knockout games.

He was actually the sub they brought on ;) 

Ron Vlaar though did start them games along with the awful Bruno Martins Indi who played vs us at weekend 

• 3 weeks later...

looks like end of the road for Sarri. Thing is who do Chelsea go for next as they have pretty much tried every type of manager about and with Roman cutting costs I cant see them bidding for a big name

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

looks like end of the road for Sarri. Thing is who do Chelsea go for next as they have pretty much tried every type of manager about and with Roman cutting costs I cant see them bidding for a big name

They had one of the best managers in the world in Conte.  Should've done more to keep him really.

So Roman out and Sir Ratcliffe in?

Can certainly see why he might be fed up considering he isn't even allowed to enter the country anymore, and with the transfer embargo to boot.

Not that I care about Chelsea but might be good to have another top club with a British owner?

• 3 weeks later...
Â