coda

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Chelsea has a fairly large undercurrent of shit fans. They’re not one of the “nice clubs” of English football. 

Who are the nice clubs of english football? United and liverpool are scummy clubs

9 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Their fanbase is a bizarre combination of glory hunters and the national front.  

This, there was absolutely no buildup from their plodding days to the first wave of Harding-money. Just a quick lottery boom.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Who are the nice clubs of english football? United and liverpool are scummy clubs

Man Utd are pretty scummy as an away team - not sure Liverpool fans (aside from throwing things at a bus) are particularly scummy; more annoying/self-entitled. 

I generally group Chelsea fans with West Ham, Leeds, Cardiff, Millwall, Blues etc - just a large undercurrent of shit, aggressive dickheads. @The_Rev is right; a very odd mix of glory hunters and right-wing nutters. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool fans are famous around Europe for stealing stuff on European trips back in the 70s and 80s. Club has also supported a biting racist in recent times

I know you have a massive chip on your shoulder about them - but seriously, they’re not in the same league as the others. 

On 01/06/2018 at 09:59, BOF said:

I hate Chelsea more than most, but only because of what they currently stand for (broken modern football).  But if Roman was to leave, I wouldn't want them ruined.  Just back where they started.  I've no axe to grind with the club itself.  As Czechlad says, the supporters don't deserve that.

They do, in the 70s and 80s they arguably had the worst fans in football and that element still exists among the other section of their fans who are glory hunters and mindless day trippers. A disgusting club through and through, I'd take great pleasure in their annihilation. 

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They do, in the 70s and 80s they arguably had the worst fans in football and that element still exists among the other section of their fans who are glory hunters and mindless day trippers. A disgusting club through and through, I'd take great pleasure in their annihilation. 

I remember being sat in the trinity road in the early 80s and a group of well suited gents were sat just behind - they then proceeded to go wild when Chelsea scored picking fights with anyone who challenged them and caused mayhem .

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Who are the nice clubs of english football? 

Villa!

In all seriousness, there aren't really 'nice' clubs, but there are some clubs with very little hooligan or far-right following and some with much more of that following (@bobzy's list is exactly the same as mine)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

What a mess of a club. Week into pre-season and still in managerial limbo as Conte still there and wont pay for Sarri

i thought Carlo Ancelotti got appointed Napoli manager so isn't  Sarri free to join chelsea? 

1 minute ago, villaluke said:

i thought Carlo Ancelotti got appointed Napoli manager so isn't  Sarri free to join chelsea? 

As he quit Napoli want 20 million for him

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

finally sacked Conte. some club, worse than Villa for efficiency

Not so sure, they've managed to win the Champions League and Premier League in recent years.

I suppose it's a miracle no one got offed in their rise to supremacy, being owned by Abramovich and all.

• 4 weeks later...

They desperately need a new striker.

Also won't going back to flat back 4 massively expose David Luiz again? 3-5-2 is ideal for him.

I do think Hazard will thrive in their new style of play and Kante will obviously help Jorginho in midfield.

• 5 months later...

absolute toothless team, they have pretty much bossed Spurs first half but nobody in attack to cause danger in the box. Never replaced Costa in that regards though his recent form is not much better than Morata

been like it for a while, dont know why, they only seem to have 1 or 2 strikers on the books rather than options and they dont rotate the strikers they build around and are dependent on the main 1

18/19 - morata + giroud

17/18 - morata + giroud (and giroud joined in january)

16/17 - costa + solanke + batshuayi (batshuayi started 1 game, solanke played 0)

15/16 - costa + remy + abraham + falcao + pato (those 4 started 5 games all season)

14/15 - costa + drogba + remy + solanke

13/14 - eto'o + torres + lukaku - thats the last time they rotated between 2 strikers (lukaku played 2 games)

Edited by villa4europe

Â