coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suprised no one ha s mentioned what happened with sarri and kepa. Chelsea are a complete laughing stock. Sarri should not have bottled that and continued with the sub. The keeper can't refuse to come off if he subbed him. 

Kepa really is a prick

Kepa has issued an explanation from  his side of the story on his Instagram. Make of it what you will.

Translated it goes something like this:

Upset and sad for not being able to take the title, we fought until the end against a great team. We will continue working to be stronger.

I would also like to clarify some facts of today's match:

First of all I regret how the end of the match has been portrayed. At no time has it been my intention to disobey the coach or any of his decisions. I think everything has been misunderstood in the heat of the final part of a match for a title. The coach thought I was not in a position to play on and my intention was to express that I was in good condition to continue helping the team, while the docs that had treated me arrived at the bench to give the message. I feel the image that has been portrayed was not my intention. I have full respect for the coach and his authority.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Suprised no one ha s mentioned what happened with sarri and kepa. Chelsea are a complete laughing stock. Sarri should not have bottled that and continued with the sub. The keeper can't refuse to come off if he subbed him. 

Kepa really is a prick

They have Dem but in here:

• Thanks 1

I said in the other thread I can kind of see his side of it. He wanted to play on, understandably, he didn't think he was injured enough to be forced off and that was what he was trying to portray.

I think the mistake was Sarri. If they wanted him off regardless they should have just stood there ready to make the sub and got him off. It was the confusion that ensued and the bench backing down that caused it all.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said in the other thread I can kind of see his side of it. He wanted to play on, understandably, he didn't think he was injured enough to be forced off and that was what he was trying to portray.

I think the mistake was Sarri. If they wanted him off regardless they should have just stood there ready to make the sub and got him off. It was the confusion that ensued and the bench backing down that caused it all.

I thought it was not because of the injury but because the other keeper was better at penalties than kepa? 

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought it was not because of the injury but because the other keeper was better at penalties than kepa? 

It's because Kepa went down injured for the second time in quick succession.

I'd be worried if a team were bringing off their £70m keeper because Willy Caballero was better at penalties.

Caballero apparently has saved 11 out of 28 penalties for his club team, No idea about international football.

Also no idea if that's good or not, but it's not bad I would think.

Not counting yesterday Kepa had save 4 out of 17 in club football. Kepa still young thou, for a keeper.

Edit: All according to transfermarkt.

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Caballero apparently has saved 11 out of 28 penalties for his club team, No idea about international football.

Also no idea if that's good or not, but it's not bad I would think.

Not counting yesterday Kepa had save 4 out of 17 in club football. Kepa still young thou, for a keeper.

Edit: All according to transfermarkt.

Caballero has a good record, but I don't think subbing him in in the last minute is a very good message to sign when you've spent £70m on your first choice.

Anyway, the sub was clearly for injury. I'm sure Caballero's penalty record would have been a silver lining, but there's no way that sub would have been made (or attempted!) if Kepa hadn't been injured.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's because Kepa went down injured for the second time in quick succession.

I'd be worried if a team were bringing off their £70m keeper because Willy Caballero was better at penalties.

It's not in unnormal that's happened before in games.  Kepa wouldn't lose his place in the team. If he takes that personally then he is abit sensitive. 

All that matters is your team wins? 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It's not in unnormal that's happened before in games.  Kepa wouldn't lose his place in the team. If he takes that personally then he is abit sensitive. 

All that matters is your team wins? 

Well it is "unnormal" (sic)

It's very very rare that a keeper get subbed off for another keeper before a shootout. I think what you mean is it's not unheard of.

I'm not talking about Kepa's feelings. I'm talking about a club spending £70m on a keeper but deciding he's not good enough to stay in for a penalty shootout.
It would be like subbing Neymar off before the shootout because you don't think he's good enough to score a penalty. He's the msot expensive player in the world, he should be able to do that.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Caballero has a good record, but I don't think subbing him in in the last minute is a very good message to sign when you've spent £70m on your first choice.

Anyway, the sub was clearly for injury. I'm sure Caballero's penalty record would have been a silver lining, but there's no way that sub would have been made (or attempted!) if Kepa hadn't been injured.

I dont know, its very rare a team dont use 3 subs in a game especially when it goes to extra time. I think Sarri was saving that sub for penalties

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont know, its very rare a team dont use 3 subs in a game especially when it goes to extra time. I think Sarri was saving that sub for penalties

Caballero didn't start warming up until Kepa went down injured. 

There's no way that sub was being made without the injury.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It's probably more to do with the fact that if Chelsea won the cup sarri would have been given a massive dollop of kudos for the change!

Â