• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea angle, they say shows Kane offside

skysports-chelsea-kane-offside_4541162.j

Official VAR angle shows him onside.

skysports-kane-offside-tottenham_4541143

He looks inline with the defender on the far side / onside in both to me.

Edited by Genie

As fine a margin as there can be. The position of his head is actually much closer to the plane of the line on the Chelsea image because of the perspective. Spurs could probably argue it’s a frame or two late in both snaps as the ball already looks airborn.

This is a difficult one as the linesman called it on the pitch but in VAR it’s so close I guess benefit of the doubt to the forward should count.

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Chelsea angle, they say shows Kane offside

skysports-chelsea-kane-offside_4541162.j

Official VAR angle shows him onside.

skysports-kane-offside-tottenham_4541143

He looks inline with the defender on the far side / onside in both to me.

Even from Chelsea angle it looks like left back is playing him onside

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Even from Chelsea angle it looks like left back is playing him onside

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not sure why Sky pundits didn't shut this down last night. Instead its now snowballed into "VAR is getting it wrong" and spreading like wild fire.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not sure why Sky pundits didn't shut this down last night. Instead its now snowballed into "VAR is getting it wrong" and spreading like wild fire.

Sky were making VAR sound so unique last time as if first time in history. Tyler(shit commentator) mentioned VAR maybe 80 times in the game

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Sarri won't last the season. Squad has issues, recruitment has been poor for some time but the manager always gets the axe first at that club.

He won't be sacked. He's doing a decent job given the squad he has. They'll sell off Abraham, probably Hudson-Odoi as well as morata in the summer and give Sarri that money to buy in a striker.

28 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He won't be sacked. He's doing a decent job given the squad he has. They'll sell off Abraham, probably Hudson-Odoi as well as morata in the summer and give Sarri that money to buy in a striker.

He is but that means nothing at a club like Chelsea, they expect. You can win the double or the CL , if you aren't doing the business 4 months later you are gone.

i think the men at the top must look at liverpool and city and know they arent competing at that level, spurs more of a measuring stick and then arsenal and utd they have to finish above (or not get CL for a start)

3rd and a good go in the cups isnt that bad a season for chelsea if you judge it on some of the football being played elsewhere look at the striker problems which arent his that his signings have been ok, if some exec sat in an office somewhere in the world looks at it on a piece of paper then thats maybe different

they will let him ride out losing willian and hazard 

• 2 weeks later...

That midfield is shocking in many ways, When you line up with Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic you're asking for trouble none of them have a creative bone in their body, none have a forward pass. He's deploying Kante in a more advanced role and he simply looks like an average premier league player there, he's world class in front of a back four but no where near that as a CM. It's terrible selection decisions from Sarri.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's terrible selection decisions from Sarri.

Buying jorginho when kante was already there didnt make sense. Kante is a brilliant player, play him in his correct position and don't ask him to do something he's not good at. 

15 hours ago, penguin said:

Sarri is furious. 

Press conference and post match interview laying into his players mentality.

In the style of Mourinho!

Â