coda

I couldn't believe for all the money they spent how many players were playing out of position.  Something has gone really wrong there.  If they got Potter in because they thought he was the best young coach going they should have done what Emery has done here, streamline the squad to get a system in place, then sign the players that are needed to improve further.  Boehly has been a disaster.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Genie said:

£5m a year, no budget and about to lose your star player… or Chelsea £10m plus hundreds of millions of budget and squad depth. 

I think chelsea who will be on a financial mess and no CL is not that appealibg. If spurs get CL he going there

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Why would you go to Spurs over Chelsea?

Chelsea have far more money to throw around, and have a pedigree of winning things. 

Spurs are a bad summer away from being "that club Harry Kane used to play for".

See my post above

Rodgers could be the perfect fit, better manager than Potter, he's becoming a bit of a myth, being Deserbi is doing better with some of there best players sold.

Anyway, there is no embarrassment losing to us lately, were a ***** good team. 

Edited by foreveryoung

I don't think it matters who they bring in, it's a rinse and repeat process. 

You can't just go out and buy half a new team and expect to have instant success. The players they've signed, nearly all have no Prem experience.

If they gave a manager longer than 6-8 months before expecting miracles, then maybe they'd find some stability. 

They won't though and if I was a manager I'd snap their hands off if offered the job because the expectations set on you only 1-2% of managers would ever achieve in the time they give you, so you just look forward to a payoff that sets you for life. 

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't understand this sacking now. 

Losing to a strong Villa side is not shameful. Neither was their style.

Why pull the trigger now? 

Now is the perfect time, the league is over for them.  Only thing they have to play for is Champions League, sack Potter and go for someone like Naglesmann and try and win the CL?

59 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't understand this sacking now. 

Losing to a strong Villa side is not shameful. Neither was their style.

Why pull the trigger now? 

Dropped into the bottom half of the table perhaps. It didn’t all happen on Saturday.

46 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Now is the perfect time, the league is over for them.  Only thing they have to play for is Champions League, sack Potter and go for someone like Naglesmann and try and win the CL?

Top managers aren't moving in April, and they've basically announced this Saltor guy as an interim for the time being. Even if they get a manager, I really doubt that manager is going to come in and achieve, as more or less the first thing they do, beating Real Madrid over two legs. 

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would you go chelsea over spurs though?

Champions League every single year. Guaranteed. 

:ph34r:

Edited by choffer

4 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Except this year.

It was a reference (clearly too oblique) to their current owner who argued in an interview recently that the Champs League money was guaranteed every year, only to then have to retract the statement 20 minutes later when someone from the club told him it wasn't true as they actually had to qualify for the tournament. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, choffer said:

It was a reference (clearly too oblique) to their current owner who argued in an interview recently that the Champs League money was guaranteed every year, only to then have to retract the statement 20 minutes later when someone from the club told him it wasn't true as they actually had to qualify for the tournament. 

Did he really say this? OMG im scared for them

15 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I trust Boehly to quickly make another choice based on something he read on Twitter last week, and sounded good at the time. Absolute moron.

He's on the phone to Jason Sudeikis, Cherie Lunghi and Ricky Tomlinson right now

• Like 1

13 hours ago, catanzaro said:

So Rodgers leaves by mutual consent.. and Chelsea then sack Potter.. so…. Brendan becomes Chelsea manager?

Kolo Toure assistant. Joe Allen from Swansea for £250 million to shore up the midfield.

• Haha 2

Â