coda

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Potter is a good manager but he is defo not a good manager for a high profile club .

Leicester would suit him perfectly 

I wouldn't rule out him working his way back there one day, but it always seemed like a poor decision to leave such a good thing, to join a club that was already looking set up to fail.

He did very poorly there with results on the pitch, but I don't think he was set up to succeed by their transfer madness.

• Like 3

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Personally i would retire and take the monthly salary from Chelsea for the next 6 years. 

Reading that he had some sort of severance clause in his contract, think he’s getting a pay off but not as much as his contract.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't rule out him working his way back there one day, but it always seemed like a poor decision to leave such a good thing, to join a club that was already looking set up to fail.

He did very poorly there with results on the pitch, but I don't think he was set up to succeed by their transfer madness.

Boehly looked at the papers. Saw that Potter was the flavour of the month and signed him. Just the same as with Enzo Fernandez. And the same as Mydruyk. 

To spend 200 million on 2 players that noone had heard about 6 months before was an ego at work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Reading that he had some sort of severance clause in his contract, think he’s getting a pay off but not as much as his contract.

Thats fair enough. Would be stupid not to. I guess he will get at least a years pay 

43 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Everyone could see they needed strikers, but this owner kept splashing the cash on every position bar a forward, potter isn’t a bad manager just have to see what he did with Brighton, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Leicester 

Fofana & Mudryk are £170m of forwards.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would you go chelsea over spurs though?

Chelsea are still a big fish. Owner will spend, Spurs dont. He might think Chelsea are only going through a blip, they did win the CL a couple seasons ago. Spurs have been on a 60 year blip.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why would you go chelsea over spurs though?

£5m a year, no budget and about to lose your star player… or Chelsea £10m plus hundreds of millions of budget and squad depth. 

• Like 2

They’ve pulled the trigger because of the CL. The league is basically over for them, but they still have the CL. Didn’t they do that before?

Sack Villas Boas > Hire Di Matteo and win CL
Sack Lampard > Hire Tuchel and win CL
Sack Potter > Hire ????

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Personally i would retire and take the monthly salary from Chelsea for the next 6 years. 

Manager's don't get their contracts paid off, it would be in their contract what they get if sacked. Still mega bucks of course.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Stupid appointment that was never going to work. He isn’t a big club manager.

Reckon they should get someone in with big club experience. Don't come bigger than the former Liverpool captain (he's been yearning for the move for fifteen years)...

Edited by Dale
  • Haha 3

I'm surprised people are shocked by the timing. The only way Chelsea can play in the CL next season is to win it. They arent doing that with Potter. He was dead man walking anyway but they have to roll the dice now and hope someone can come in, work a miracle and win the CL. Their league form now is irrelevant. They wouldnt want the EL or Conference League even if they could find form and get it. All remaining PL games will be sacrificed to concentrate on the CL. Although that will likely end real quick against Real.

• Like 1

Just to complicate matters further, PSG are currently getting beat 1-0 by Lyon. They could be looking a new manager by tomorrow morning as well. If you’re Naglesmann do you choose PSG, Chelsea or even Spurs?

Edited by duke313

Â