coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

Do you know why ? 

I'm not sure they're all raving republicans, more anti-establishment given the cover up of Hillsborough and other stuff with Liverpool when Thatcher was around. Does seem more vocal in recent times as Liverpool have been in loads of domestic finals in last 20 years and can't remember booing of anthem being audible until recentlh.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Arent most liverpool fans not from liverpool?

🤫🤫 Don't tell them that

And from the ones I've met it's the non Scouse ones that are the weirdest heart on their sleeve die hard try hards, almost like they've got something to prove as a real fan rather than just a glory hunter, so I can easily imagine it's them who bang that Scouse not English drum louder than the actual scousers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm not sure they're all raving republicans, more anti-establishment given the cover up of Hillsborough and other stuff with Liverpool when Thatcher was around. Does seem more vocal in recent times as Liverpool have been in loads of domestic finals in last 20 years and can't remember booing of anthem being audible until recentlh.

Carragher, Gerrard and Rooney apparently never sang the national anthem when playing for England 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Carragher, Gerrard and Rooney apparently never sang the national anthem when playing for England 

Fair game to them for sticking to there guns. They should give some context to it all by telling us why their doing it. 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Scouse not English 

No, that’s wrong.

Stems back to Thatcher times, but basically the city being heavily anti-Conservative and “let down” by those Tory governments. They’re anti-state boos. 

SSN just reporting the Chelsea takeover is in doubt over concerns where the fee will end up.

I have no doubt it will all be resolved but if they manage to muck it up they could be in serious trouble as a club! 

Edited by theboyangel

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gerrard certainly sung it. Not as enthusiastic as Terry or Becks though. 

Rooney probably never knew the words! 

They need a deal soon as they will have no defenders next season. Rudiger and Christensen are already gone and Alonso and Azpilicueta are about to join Barcelona too

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2634055

The Premier League Board has today approved the proposed takeover of Chelsea Football Club by the Todd Boehly/Clearlake Consortium.

The purchase remains subject to the Government issuing the required sale licence and the satisfactory completion of the final stages of the transaction.

The Board has applied the Premier League’s Owners’ and Directors’ Test (OADT) to all prospective Directors, and undertaken the necessary due diligence.

The members of the Consortium purchasing the club are affiliates of the Clearlake Capital Group, L.P., Todd Boehly, Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter.

Chelsea FC will now work with the relevant Governments to secure the necessary licences to complete the takeover.

That's done then - let's see how they do - they've got an immediate job on with two senior centre halves and two experienced full backs all out of the door at once.

Â