coda

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What's going on with Chelsea, agreed. 4.2 billion. It's a big club but never ever worth that money.

Dunno if they class assets in that, the squad would be £1bn, the ground and training facility and various offices and other properties they own in London would be a huge chunk of it, about £500m in revenue per year

Agree its still a crazy amount of money 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takeover finally confirmed.

I dont think chelsea will have it as good as they did under roman thats for sure. Can see them going like united as they wont be able to be making such huge losses like they were before and roman not caring

• Like 1

I see Danny Drinkwater has apologized to the Chelsea fans as he leaves for essentially being completely 💩💩💩 for his five years there….. 

The article on the bbc site mentioned him head butting Jota while he was here…. 🤣

On 25/05/2022 at 11:12, TheStagMan said:

So will Roman have spent that much on the club over the years, or has the actually made a profit (if the money were to go to him)?

He's absolutely lost money, but he was never in it for the money.  Chelsea made Roman Abramovich one of the most famous men in the world, and that is what he was buying.  

The new owners will not subsidise Chelsea in the same way that Abramovich did.  Of course they will still be a major force in European football but the days of being as spendy as PSG and Manchester City are over. 

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

The new owners will not subsidise Chelsea in the same way that Abramovich did.  Of course they will still be a major force in European football but the days of being as spendy as PSG and Manchester City are over. 

Though the new owners will give a massive transfer kitty at the start as part of their investment.    

And they’ll probably team up with Man Utd and Liverpool owners to start a new super league and destroy the league in any way possible as long as it makes them more money.

• 4 weeks later...

Marina Granovskaja has left Chelsea. If ever the club wanted to step up...

She won't have trouble finding a new job, apart from her being Russian/Canadian

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Canadians getting a bad rap here.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yep she is the best in the business.

3 hours ago, sne said:

She won't have trouble finding a new job, 

DHUTWU 

I'm still confused as to who got the money that was paid for chelsea? Did Putin's puppet get the money or did the UK government take it? 

Edited by villa89

Why is she so highly rated? Can't say I'd ever heard of her before the news came out she was getting the boot. 

I suppose that's part of what you want in  Chairman, but what would she bring to the table that Purslow doesn't?

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

DHUTWU 

I'm still confused as to who got the money that was paid for chelsea? Did Putin's puppet get the money or did the UK government take it? 

My understanding is it is currently sat frozen in a UK bank account.

It will be released to whomever it is that is given custody of making sure it goes to support Ukraine humanitarian efforts.

Presumably someone is making interest on it, although I suspect that the interest will also be frozen and uses as part of the aid fund.

I love the idea that these billions have come from one of Putin's closest allies, to undo some of the crimes Putin has committed. Won't ever fully compensate for the atrocities  but it does have a feel good factor about it. Of course, this assumes it actually ends up where it should.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Why is she so highly rated? Can't say I'd ever heard of her before the news came out she was getting the boot. 

I suppose that's part of what you want in  Chairman, but what would she bring to the table that Purslow doesn't?

She is the reason Chelsea have pretty much dominated the youth market in the last decade or so and getting ridiculous fees for players like Tammy and Guehi. She is known to be a tough negotiator as well and well respected in the boardrooms

She won best director award by UEFA last year....an award I recently found out existed :D 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

My understanding is it is currently sat frozen in a UK bank account.

It will be released to whomever it is that is given custody of making sure it goes to support Ukraine humanitarian efforts.

Presumably someone is making interest on it, although I suspect that the interest will also be frozen and uses as part of the aid fund.

I love the idea that these billions have come from one of Putin's closest allies, to undo some of the crimes Putin has committed. Won't ever fully compensate for the atrocities  but it does have a feel good factor about it. Of course, this assumes it actually ends up where it should.

Didn’t they make those billions from exports to countries like the UK?  They taking their money back?

22 hours ago, sne said:

Confirmed that Marina Granovskaja is leaving.

Expected but still a massive loss for them.

Overseeing a transfer policy that has seen them spend ridiculous money on flops and sell the family jewels for a pittance. Not a massive loss.

Â