coda

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

He's a scumbag.

Wouldn't surprise me if he turns in to one of them lay abouts that fart about plodding through games and finally rot on the bench once he gets his zillions on top of his millions.

Not sure how he is a scumbag. I can think of people who played for Villa who have done similarly bad things on the pitch. From face stamping to racism to career ending tackles

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Not sure how he is a scumbag. I can think of people who played for Villa who have done similarly bad things on the pitch. From face stamping to racism to career ending tackles

If he plays for Chelsea he's a scumbag. All the clubs that will come in for him will be scumbag clubs, he'll be a scumbag there too. If he signs for us he'll be an instant living legend and I'll buy a Rudiger shirt.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He's a scumbag.

Wouldn't surprise me if he turns in to one of them lay abouts that fart about plodding through games and finally rot on the bench once he gets his zillions on top of his millions.

Just like Phillips and Bissouma will do when they’ve finally signed for us 🤔

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Pogba won’t even be on the bench when we sign him, he’ll be forever recovering from some long-term injury on an island in the Caribbean.

Of all the names mentioned he'd be the most likely to stiff his new club. He's a scumbag, sorry, couldn't resist it.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 17:35, Phil Silvers said:

If he plays for Chelsea he's a scumbag. All the clubs that will come in for him will be scumbag clubs, he'll be a scumbag there too. If he signs for us he'll be an instant living legend and I'll buy a Rudiger shirt.

Is Tammy a scumbag?

17 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Is paying £2b for Chelsea a good business investment? 

Depends. 

The club was loosely valued at £1.5bn before the sale started - that price includes the whole of the £1.5bn debt to Abramovich being written off, meaning that the new owners, and Chelsea football club would no longer owe that money to anyone. Abramovich priced it at £3bn, which seemed odd and in general was accepted as him sneakily trying to recover the value of his loans through the sale.

Here's the thing though, the UK Government have said that he (and his maze of subsidiary companies) can't have the money, and that the debt is no longer a consideration (the UK govt has essentially cancelled £1.5bn worth of debt for Chelsea which is nice of us) but the price has held - the bidders are all thought to be in the £2.5-3bn range.

There seems to be some property bundled in, with Abramovich choosing to lump in a few of his local houses as a bit of a clear out of the UK, but the reasons why the price has kept that value are concerning.

There have been reports that the Raine group who are arranging the sale have been marketing Chelsea with future TV revenues that include a Superleague type arrangement - something with a higher ceiling and a fully strengthened floor on European qualification and TV revenues. If that's the case, then it would explain the interest in Chelsea as a brand that are considered safely within that umbrella of (soon to profitable) clubs.

It's worth noting that final say on the sale goes through Abramovich, so it's him that the successful buyer will have to persuade - in terms of sanctions, that quite obviously opens up a whole world of potential under the counter ways for Roman to get his money, but I guess that's the way the world is - what it does mean is that any group that have a huge issue with Russia or with Abramovich personally are likely to be unsuccessful. Ho hum.

So, is £2bn for Chelsea good value?

The answer is that it probably is, but only because the new owners will be joining the other super clubs in f***ing up football forever for the rest of us.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Bloody hell, Roman was allegedly poisoned by the Russians when negotiating peace 

Smoke and mirrors don't believe that crap we are supposed to feel sorry for him and he is a good guy so they can syphon off his money.

Well its a theory at least 😜 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Bloody hell, Roman was allegedly poisoned by the Russians when negotiating peace 

The Russians are very good at poisining,if they really poisened him he would have died by now.

• Like 2

Â