coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Barkley is a very average player tbf but probably walked cos he knew he'd be a bench warmer. 

Did he change his mind AFTER Drinkwater signed, or did they pursue Drinkwater relentlessly AFTER Barkley turned them down?

They just want Drinkwater and Barkley to fill up their CL squad with 'Homegrown' players. It's probably the same reason they kept Fabregas because he counts as a 'Homegrown' English player due to the fact he came through the Arsenal youth system. 

Think they needed a replacement for Matic and I guess Conte's reasoning is that Kante and Drinkwater formed a successful partnership for Leicester. The real engine room of the team, so they can do the same for Chelsea. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Things don't seem very rosy at Chelsea. 

I just wonder if Roman Abramovich starts to get a bit tired of it.  If he decided to walk away I wonder what happens? 

I think years ago that could have been dangerous for them but they've been at the top for so long now I'm sure some other billionaire will be interested, but nevertheless it could be the start of their position being eroded. 

• Like 1

They've always had a bit of an odd transfer strategy but obviously they've had hits with likes of Hazard, Fabregas, Cahill, Kante etc which raises level of team and so the misfits are quietly forgotten or sent out on loan.

What happens in the future, Abramovich will keep funding. I read somewhere years ago he would in time pass control over to his son but no idea if that would still happen.

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think they have made a good signing in Giroud from Arsenal.

Wenger was daft to let him go.

i disagree aubameyang is far better quality and giroud is 31. 20m for a 31 year old is great business 

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They've always had a bit of an odd transfer strategy but obviously they've had hits with likes of Hazard, Fabregas, Cahill, Kante etc which raises level of team and so the misfits are quietly forgotten or sent out on loan.

What happens in the future, Abramovich will keep funding. I read somewhere years ago he would in time pass control over to his son but no idea if that would still happen.

Yes, they've signed some total shite of late, Zappacosta is shit, Bakayoko is utterly horrific, the likes of Barkley and Drinkwater just average players. 

I'm finding Chelsea a bit bizarre at the moment.

Their transfer policy, if indeed you can call it a policy is scattergun at best and you look at the quality of players they're buying and something just doesn't add up.

Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Barkley, Giroud and their new left back, all signed for large amounts of money but all average at best.

They bought a left back when I'd say that's their strongest position (Alonso), they were linked with Crouch and Barnes and ended up with Giroud - an Arsenal cast-off and make-weight for their capture of Aubemayang.

Barkley couldn't get in the Everton side.

Total capitulation last night after the first goal went in against a very average Bournemouth side.

Conte constantly moaning, can't see him being much of a motivator for the team right now.

Strange things afoot.

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm finding Chelsea a bit bizarre at the moment.

Their transfer policy, if indeed you can call it a policy is scattergun at best and you look at the quality of players they're buying and something just doesn't add up.

Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Barkley, Giroud and their new left back, all signed for large amounts of money but all average at best.

They bought a left back when I'd say that's their strongest position (Alonso), they were linked with Crouch and Barnes and ended up with Giroud - an Arsenal cast-off and make-weight for their capture of Aubemayang.

Barkley couldn't get in the Everton side.

Total capitulation last night after the first goal went in against a very average Bournemouth side.

Conte constantly moaning, can't see him being much of a motivator for the team right now.

Strange things afoot.

I agree. Their signings are the sort i’d expect a top 6 challenging team to make or attempt to make.

Â