coda

Courtois took a pen early this preseason and it was pretty much the perfect penalty possible. He smashed it top left and the keeper even guessed that way, but it was so powerful and place that it went it before the keeper even got there. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, PaulC said:

It told me that without Costa Chelsea wont win the league this season. Between the two Manchester clubs I think

I would agree with that.

Arsenal will be Arsenal and I reckon they'll start prioritising the europa as the season goes on.

Liverpool still lack depth in key areas and CL will take toll on their pressing style after xmas.

Morata won't be as good as Costa imo, will score a few goals but won't take the fight to the defender like he could so Chelsea will be a little easier to contain this season.

Spurs could challenge again. Beat Juventus comfortably at the weekend.

It really has to be the Manchester sides as 1 and 2 though. With the managers and the money they've spend on their squads neither have an excuse to be below 2nd this season.

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I would agree with that.

Me too. Unless there is some more big signings between now and the end of the window it's a two horse race between the two Manchester clubs. Chelsea for 3rd and then a toss up for 4th.

hasnt the chinese window shut? so i dont know where costa is going

they're favourites to sign aurier the RB from PSG, still think if they plan on playing 3 at the back they need cover with ake and terry gone and zouma out on loan, unless christensen is going to get games, they might actually start dipping in to these 200+ youngsters they have on the books...nah who am i kidding... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

They have a transfer ban otherwise they would have lost Griezmann 

I wouldn't be surprised if Greizmann goes to Chelsea and Costa goes back to Athletico in January. 

On 8/6/2017 at 16:22, sne said:

Gary Cahill is clattering people left and right.

100% committed  in every challenge but waving his elbows around and way too reckless.

I like him but if it's the way he's going to play he's going to injure loads of players and himself. 

He's also going to pick up cards every game.

Not sure but I get the feeling he's trying to fill the void left behind after Terry.

Took 15 minutes for it to happen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sne said:

Took 15 minutes for it to happen.

No way was that a red card. Ridiculous decision. A clumsy tackle with no intent. Yellow all day long. A ref today that was desperate to be centre of attention and I am a Chelsea hater. Shearer talking bollocks on motd. 

I agree. Yellow card and nobody bats an eyelid.

How stupid was Fabregas though? Chelsea were mounting a comeback and he lunges like that on a yellow.

Also worth noting how clueless Luiz looked when tasked with marshalling the defence in Cahill's absence.

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

No way was that a red card. Ridiculous decision. A clumsy tackle with no intent. Yellow all day long. A ref today that was desperate to be centre of attention and I am a Chelsea hater. Shearer talking bollocks on motd. 

It doesn't matter if there was intent.

He is high, late and reckless with studs showing it's a red any day of the week.

if you think the rules are wrong, fair enough. But under the rules as they are it's a red and therefore the right decision.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We don't want to go back to old days where wreckless out of control tackles went unpunished.  Red and rightfully so imo

Completely agree but I wouldn't call Cahill's challenge reckless or out of control, just a bit clumsy. Red by the current rulings I guess but then I don't agree with the ruling. I used to be a central defender though so my views may be biased. Still a yellow and a warning for me.

On 08/08/2017 at 18:28, Dr_Pangloss said:

Morata won't cut it IMO, he'll do well against poorer sides but won't deliver against the 'big' teams IMO. I'll be surprised if he scores more than 15 goals this season, worth absolutely no where near his transfer fee.

Absolute certainty to score more than 15 as long as he is fit.

His movement is excellent and the defences in the PL are generally poor, the service he will get will see him score plenty.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Absolute certainty to score more than 15 as long as he is fit.

His movement is excellent and the defences in the PL are generally poor, the service he will get will see him score plenty.

It's possible, but I'm not massively confident, he has only scored that amount of (league) goals once in his career before, and both the Madrid and Juve sides he played in were relatively speaking, a lot stronger than this Chelsea side. But as you point out, the defences in this so called 'best league in the world' are absolutely horrific.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

• 3 weeks later...

Weird that everyone seems to be turning them down the last couple of days. Must be weird everyone having as much money as them so they can't blow teams away with the offer. Unless that Conte is that scary no one wants to play under him.

Â