Snow Watch!

trekka

Just taken me 2 and half to drive 15 miles from Coleshill to Streetly. Roads are treacherous. On the upside I am off tomorrow and have just phoned the curry house and surprisingly they are going to deliver.

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just taken me 2 and half to drive 15 miles from Coleshill to Streetly. Roads are treacherous. On the upside I am off tomorrow and have just phoned the curry house and surprisingly they are going to deliver.

What you having, John ? Just in time for the footy to come on :thumb:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What you having, John ? Just in time for the footy to come on :thumb:

I am having a tandoori chicken starter then a chicken jalfrezi, pilau rice and a chapati. It is going to take them over 2 hours though as I think a few people have had the same idea. He actually offered me a discount if I would collect but having just spent two and half hours in it he could have said he'd give it me for nothing and I'd still have wanted it delivered. Plus I've now had a couple of desperados. :)

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its ridiculous. Over here is an actual bread shortage due to this snow. I think people have been watching too many movies

All fun and games till next week when bread turns stale 

the_walking_bread_by_bertalmillan-d8vq2dp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Made myself very popular in the office this afternoon. As all our directors were working from home I was the most senior member of staff on site so I wandered round the office at 3pm telling everyone to go home just in case it got icy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am having a tandoori chicken starter then a chicken jalfrezi, pilau rice and a chapati. It is going to take them over 2 hours though as I think a few people have had the same idea. He actually offered me a discount if I would collect but having just spent two and half hours in it he could have said he'd give it me for nothing and I'd still have wanted it delivered. Plus I've now had a couple of desperados. :)

Living like a king! 

• Haha 1

Tonight's entertainment will apparently be the poor sods trying to get up the hill by me. Nothing abandoned yet but we've already got Beemers struggling...

Scratch that, one abandoned.

Edited by Chindie

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Tonight's entertainment will apparently be the poor sods trying to get up the hill by me. Nothing abandoned yet but we've already got Beemers struggling...

Scratch that, one abandoned.

The curse of the rear wheel drive!

Just had an AMG Merc decide the best way to get up the hill was to blip the engine every few seconds. It's taken him about 5 minutes of 'BWARP... BWARP... BWARP... BWWWWAARRRP...' to get about 100m up the hill. 

WTF is actually going on? Not even enough snow to cover the roads near me, everyone pissing their pants. 

Schools closed, panic on the TV, is there some other agenda that I’m missing?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

WTF is actually going on? Not even enough snow to cover the roads near me, everyone pissing their pants. 

Schools closed, panic on the TV, is there some other agenda that I’m missing?

This Is England .

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This Is England .

This is the scene outside my house, every school in the town closed, panic on the TV and radio. It’s pretty pathetic isn’t it?

UNkuOp8.jpg

• Haha 1

45 mins to do first 30 mile of a journey home. The last 7 mile... 1hr 55, round Halesowen was a complete piss take. The snow isn’t even that bad, some people are just morons, whereas some are ignorant rocket polishers who will be bumper to bumper and blocks exits to stop someone going a different route as they can’t let that 1 yard go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

45 mins to do first 30 mile of a journey home. The last 7 mile... 1hr 55, round Halesowen was a complete piss take. The snow isn’t even that bad, some people are just morons, whereas some are ignorant rocket polishers who will be bumper to bumper and blocks exits to stop someone going a different route as they can’t let that 1 yard go.

I want those people to die or something.

Absolute ****. 

• Like 4

Just drove back from City Centre to Kings Norton - maximum speed was 15mph and that was slippy! It's not deep at all but it is icy.

Returned from watching Dara O'Briain at the Hippodrome and a sold out show was barely half full, saw a few cars pointing in the wrong direction in places. We are pretty pathetic in this country but it really isn't great in some spots at the moment.

But ultimately I'm a teacher so any chance of a snow day and I'm happy they're overly cautious!

6 hours ago, Genie said:

This is the scene outside my house, every school in the town closed, panic on the TV and radio. It’s pretty pathetic isn’t it?

UNkuOp8.jpg

You've not had much then. It's been pretty bad in ruge. It's bloody freezing though. Saying that, this isn't cold compared to other countries. 

Â