Snow Watch!

trekka

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There is something about the snow, and really cold weather. I love it. It's near enough gone here now, and that will be it until December, I suspect. 

I don't mind really cold... just snow that pisses me off. 

What made it worse was the schools. Its snowed I'll take the kids to school in the car. They get to school, the schools closed. Then they have to drive home and look after the kids themselves.

That mile I was talking about has 3 senior schools and 3 junior schools and assorted nurseries

Looks like winter is coming to an end in where I live, next week we're getting above 0c temperatures. As much as I love the winter, I love it that we have four very distinct seasons, so I am welcoming the spring.

Another thing I love is that we have very short days during winter, in the shortest day we get just about 4-4,5 hours of daylight, so it gets dark after 3pm. During summer it is the opposite, our nights are not dark at all, and when we have the longest day, the sun sets down just before midnight or something, and rises up at like 3am or something, it's awesome.

I am currently looking for a job in the way up north, where the sun doesnt set at all during the summer for at least some days and won't rise up during the winter for some days...although another and bigger reason is that they have amazing trekking, fishing and hunting areas way up in the north.

• Like 2

I’ve always loved the snow all my life but now I **** hate it, these last 2 periods have just been a word removed. I had to walk to work this morning to get in for 07:00 for my 13 hour shift, took me an hour. Then another hours walk to look forward to tonight when I finish at 20:00 to go home. **** thankless job being in the nhs. I get £9.96 an hour, I’m not paid enough to care this much about going in in these conditions but I do. I’m sure Jeremy Hunt is sending my trophy in the post. I **** hate the snow. Piss off snow.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve always loved the snow all my life but now I **** hate it, these last 2 periods have just been a word removed. I had to walk to work this morning to get in for 07:00 for my 13 hour shift, took me an hour. Then another hours walk to look forward to tonight when I finish at 20:00 to go home. **** thankless job being in the nhs. I get £9.96 an hour, I’m not paid enough to care this much about going in in these conditions but I do. I’m sure Jeremy Hunt is sending my trophy in the post. I **** hate the snow. Piss off snow.

image.png.c0374b3e60b69a4bc32c9905a4dcbaad.png

The snow has saved me from a trip to the Fort!

Other than that though, even the kids are fed up with it. Asked them if they wanted to get dressed up warm and go and play and neither are interested. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

The snow has saved me from a trip to the Fort!

Result

I used to really like the Fort and Star City when they opened. You couldn't pay me to go there now. 

• Like 1

We had friends visiting for the weekend, and had arranged to go for a curry with another friend who lives on the other side of Leeds. The snow was building up into blizzard level, but we decided to go for it anyway. 

Bloody hell, it was grim. Got there with some difficulty, but by the time we got out of the restaurant it was insane. But I got my friends back safely, so it was (just about) worth it for the brownie points I got for my driving skillzzz - and the massive whisky I poured myself when we got in. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I've decided to stay indoors and survive by making corned beef and mash pasties.

Whilst drinking port I found in the back of the cupboard.

I will get through this.

The spirit of Captain Oates lives on :D

• Haha 2

Â