Snow Watch!

trekka

Well work was shut today down on the South Coast, hardly surprising given that the place is on top of a hill.  We had 3 inches of the stuff with mild flurries here and there today.

I actually got loads done working at home, starting at 7AM! I've now booked the afternoon off :) 

As expected the weather has turned further to shit and the entertainment on the hill has begun.

No new abandonments (last night's Focus is still there), but we have had one rear end on a parked car, one van going up the hill very slowly sideways, one terrible modded Civic go for the AMG approach of progress by BWARP, and one Smart car struggle to move at all.

And it's only 4 and the snow has only got worse in the past hour.

17 hours ago, Genie said:

This is the scene outside my house, every school in the town closed, panic on the TV and radio. It’s pretty pathetic isn’t it?

UNkuOp8.jpg

You had it very light last night. It was really bad in Four Oaks last night. 

You must live in a tropical microclimate! ;)

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Having made the devil's own effort to get to work this morning, I've just been advised that I need to stay until four. Since I'm surely going to be unable to drive, and trains from Snow Hill to Stourbridge mostly seem to be cancelled, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do. Needless to say, not very amused.

Left anyway :D Just in time to avoid the worst on the roads. 

Now at home, ransacked Lidl for supplies, about to open a bottle of ale and stay indoors for 48 hours!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Having made the devil's own effort to get to work this morning, I've just been advised that I need to stay until four. Since I'm surely going to be unable to drive, and trains from Snow Hill to Stourbridge mostly seem to be cancelled, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do. Needless to say, not very amused.

I'd be fuming! 4 is too late, it'll be a right chore to get home now

edit: just red your later post :D

Edited by Xela

WFH today and glad I did. No need to risk the roads/trains if you have the ability to work remotely. As it happens my day dragged like hell as most of my clients weren't working. 

Caught up on paperwork and raided Sainsburys at lunchtime for a selection of snacks, meals and drinks. 

• Like 1

Glad I finished at half 3. Roads into Tipton were treacherous which was a shock considering the motorway was clear as a bell. Very heavy now and forecast to continue until 6am tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Caught up on paperwork and raided Sainsburys at lunchtime for a selection of snacks, meals and drinks. 

You mean you resisted temptation to spvnk all your wages at m&s foodhall ? I'm impressed, especially when they sell superb chicken tikka pakoras :o

Drove back from work in Stratford at 3 today and it was easy going, can only see it getting worse though. Some people really don’t make their lives easy do they.. braking all the time in the motorway and nearly losing control. Even in regular weather you don’t need to brake much, just ease off, but in this weather, just stupid.

Really fancied a Chinese but three orders cancelled as none will deliver lazy basterds :P. Managed to get a balti to deliver. 

If it stays like his I’m not even attempting the Villa tomorrow. Sod that. The holte will be Baltic and take me hours to get there and back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Drove back from work in Stratford at 3 today and it was easy going, can only see it getting worse though. Some people really don’t make their lives easy do they.. braking all the time in the motorway and nearly losing control. Even in regular weather you don’t need to brake much, just ease off, but in this weather, just stupid.

Really fancied a Chinese but three orders cancelled as none will deliver lazy basterds :P. Managed to get a balti to deliver. 

If it stays like his I’m not even attempting the Villa tomorrow. Sod that. The holte will be Baltic and take me hours to get there and back.

The attendance will be ridiculously low if they are stupid enough to go ahead. Cant be risking the fans safety best they call it off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

You had it very light last night. It was really bad in Four Oaks last night. 

You must live in a tropical microclimate! ;)

I must say, the roads from about 4pm were absolutely horrific. 

Â