Snow Watch!

trekka

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's made my mom homeless :crylaugh: 

She moved house today. I say moved house, she moved her stuff out of her old house and into her new house. But she hasn't actually completed on the new house. She's only been allowed to move her stuff in because the seller knows the estate agent who knows my mom. The seller doesn't live there so let mom move her stuff in.

So the plan was move the stuff in, then fly to Ireland where she's holidaying for 2 weeks.

Except now her flight is cancelled until at least tomorrow. So she's homeless :D 

(In reality she'll stay at mine, but I'm winding her up in the meantime)

I’m supposed to me moving house tomorrow. Solicitors have been absolutely useless throughout so I expect them them to mess this up tomorrow somehow.

Quite a bit by me in Nottingham. the main roads are ok, but the hill I live on has a 4-5 inch layer on the roads, and the paths are worse. It's still coming down heavily.

The sky was incredible last night, from midnight until dawn, it was faintly orange, and the street wasn't dark.

The 'hill' I live on isn't particularly steep, it's no more than 15 degrees, but everyone has taken one look out of the window, and decided not to bother.

Except one man, who tried to drive up. Got stuck. Reversed back down. Gave it another go. Got stuck even earlier. Got out, walked around the car, threw his arms up in the air, and is currently sat parked, a third of the way up, considering his options.

It's been  a work in progress for about 20 minutes, I'm almost crying.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The 'hill' I live on isn't particularly steep, it's no more than 15 degrees, but everyone has taken one look out of the window, and decided not to bother.

Except one man, who tried to drive up. Got stuck. Reversed back down. Gave it another go. Got stuck even earlier. Got out, walked around the car, threw his arms up in the air, and is currently sat parked, a third of the way up, considering his options.

It's been  a work in progress for about 20 minutes, I'm almost crying.

He just got out and walked home. Which would be hilarious, but the nob had a baby with him the whole time. How **** stupid.

got in to work today all prepared for the 1st work presentation I've had to do in 11 years ( since Uni ) and it has been cancelled! :D closing buildings from 10- and pre emptively shutting tomorrow :D

giphy.gif

Edited by Rodders

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I've got to walk around in this for another 5 hours. 

It's **** FREEZING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Put some trousers on you mong

• Like 1

Company my OH works for (Aldi, head office) have told them that they HAVE to make every effort to get to work.

They can "take their time", but even if it takes them half the day, they have to try and make it in.

Anyone else think that's terrible advice?!

Edited by Stevo985

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Company my OH works for (Aldi, head office) have told them that they HAVE to make every effort to get to work.

They can "take their time", but even if it takes them half the day, they have to try and make it in.

Anyone else think that's terrible advice?!

Can I ask, do you feel as though you need to put "head office" in there, because if she just worked at ALDI, you'd be embarrassed? You ALWAYS do it! :lol: 

And yes, whichever white haired, balding bloke with a 46 inch waist who thought of it deserves a swift and uncompromising heart attack. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not surprised, I had an interview there and got the "massive bunch of bastards" vibe, glad I turned that down!

They  pride themselves on working their staff to the bone, and seemed to be one of those companies that think perceived 'effort' and presenteeism as a substitute for turning in decent work...

At my current place, there was no managerial comms, we just all worked from home today. It was a given. Except for the one guy who turned up, opened the office up, realised nobody else was coming and went back home. :lol:

• Like 2

Â