Snow Watch!

trekka

A dastardly and sneaky plan.

It's over 30 years since I was in school, but I still remember sitting there listening, gobsmacked, as our history tacher told us the story of the maginot line. I remember being genuinely interested in a history lesson for the very first time.

• Like 1

Phew, made it the 43 miles to work. The first 100yards or so out of my street were ever so mildly tricky. After that it was perfectly fine, actually better than fine as a good percentage of people had bottled it and stayed home.... I hope getting home is just as easy...

My bosses were very vague about coming in today as the forecast was for heavy snow during the day so I'm not sure what to do. I did just watch a man almost U turn his car outside my house before winning control back.

I'm at work. Half the office isn't.

It was the easiest journey to work all year. Motoroway was empty.

The journey home might be a bit harder though! Heavy snow was due from about 9am around here I think. Apparently it's throwing it down in Bristol already.

but guys they have always reporte dthe snow wont come after after 11 hence why you havent seen any!

Yep - its started to get worse by me (south staffs), the thing that points out that it may be a nightmare later is that the road at the end of mine which was gritted before 6 this morning is starting in to turn to an ice rink. Just seen a Chelsea tractor doing a sidewards ballet down it. Then again if enough people have stayed home it may be ok for those who have gone out, but it does only take one f*cktard who cant drive to screw it up for everyone.

Â