Snow Watch!

trekka

-2C here in Nuneaton.

l21BA.png

View from my window two minutes ago. On my way to work now, they have offered me two hours overtime if I arrive one hour early. I'll have a bit of that!

Looks a pretty decent snowfall that. But are the games really in danger of being postponed because of this?

Light snow in Leeds last night, not much beyond that so far. Supposed to be on its way.

Nowt in the Peak District other than what was on the floor from before - couple of inches etc

Why can't they just cover the pitch?

I think it's access to the ground that's the issue rather than the pitch. I imagine if it freezes over tonight and we have a bit more snow in the morning as forecast, it'll be off. A few lower league games already off.

I am hearing from everywhere that places are closing and people are being sent home

anyone else working in town who has been told if they will be leaving early?

and is there any websites that give you updates on busses and shit like that? I'm not all that bothered about going home early as long as I can get home when I finish work, last time I had to walk home and it took 3 1/2 hrs to get back

-2C here in Nuneaton.

l21BA.png

View from my window two minutes ago. On my way to work now, they have offered me two hours overtime if I arrive one hour early. I'll have a bit of that!

I am depressed that there's more snow where you are than where I am :(

My boss left an hour ago concerned about his trip home, and we've just had an official email saying we can leave 1 if we've concerns about getting home.

Think I'm going top have my lunch break and see what's what. I've got my eye on the West Mids travel service alerts constantly - the merest sniff of a service issue for a bus I can use and I'm out of here.

So I left London at about 8am to drive down to Portsmouth and as much as I dreaded it, I loved it!!!! Through the South Downs was a bit hairy with stupid people not having any lights on and crazy truck drivers deciding to go against the norm and overtaking everyone else on a lane that was full of snow. It was beautiful and white. I was trudging along at a lovely slow-paced 30mph with the rest of the gang who didn't venture into the right-hand lane (and I didn't mind as work were paying for my time) and enjoyed the mini slide to the left or mini slide to the right :D

The snow is starting to die out in Portsmouth now but it's a lovely scene.

I am hearing from everywhere that places are closing and people are being sent home

anyone else working in town who has been told if they will be leaving early?

and is there any websites that give you updates on busses and shit like that? I'm not all that bothered about going home early as long as I can get home when I finish work, last time I had to walk home and it took 3 1/2 hrs to get back

For buses, have you tried looking at:

Buses website?

EDIT: It's getting hammered but seems to work if you click refresh

Edited by trekka

Â