Snow Watch!

trekka

How the **** we got through day one of the blitz is an absolute mystery to me.

to be fair management didnt have rear wheel drive beamers back then ;)

its looking like snow from around 4am friday, heavy by around 10 and all day, light snow sat, cold sunday, snowing early monday morning

i'll have a look friday before deciding what to do, i can work from home

Gutted, I was hoping to either 1) blag a working from home day tomorrow or at least 2) blag an afternoon working from home day tomorrow but my boss's boss (who is new) has scheduled a meeting with me at 14.30. Funnily he wants to know what I do. Think I'll need to give it some thought :D

There was some really light snow coming down in Tamworth at 6am this morning.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

My daughter is as excited about this as only a six year old can be excited. Mind you, she was thoroughly pissed off on Monday when it snowed but the school wouldnt let them play outside in it!

Oh what great timing it was when my radiator decided to spring a leak on my way home last night.

Garage can't do the job until... tomorrow morning. Could be interesting.

Panic stations at work today. Everybody is talking about snow and trying to figure out where they fit in to the office contigency plans in the event of severe weather. I live over an hours walk away, so if it's bad and buses aren't running, I won't be in. Also, if they are running, I won't be in either.

Yup, everyone making plans here too.

Imo, that just means people are more likely to not come in.

I live 35 miles away and I bet I'll be in tomorrow. But I'd also wager that people who live 5 miles down the road won't be.

Sadly, with the invention/ability of many office workers to now work from home, snow days just aren't the same. You still have to do your job, just from home rather than work.

So glad I've moved. The old flat was a 5 minute walk to work, literally, 5 minutes door to desk. Last time we had snow bad enough to keep the rest of the office away, yours truly was sat in the building on me feckin' Tod, just 'cause I could actually make it in. All week. Torture. Not anymore! Bring on the white stuff. B)

I live fairly close to my work, about 10 miles away, most other employees live more like 30/40 miles away. Every damn snow day I sit here on my own in the office and I can see it happening tomorrow. I hate snow days.

I live fairly close to my work, about 10 miles away, most other employees live more like 30/40 miles away. Every damn snow day I sit here on my own in the office and I can see it happening tomorrow. I hate snow days.

:o

They can't expect you to walk 10 miles to work, surely?

If the snow is too bad to drive the 10 miles, surely it's a snow day?

:o

They can't expect you to walk 10 miles to work, surely?

If the snow is too bad to drive the 10 miles, surely it's a snow day?

This is the thing that particularly annoys me about snow day.

It's always feasible to drive 10 miles to work, but driving for an extra half an hour on a gritted motorway is too big a risk for some reason.

The whole thing is complete and utter arse-hat. All major roads are gritted, just take a little extra care getting out of your estate.

As I said, in my experience there's far too many liberties taken on snow days.

I bet 90% of people who don't come in because it's too snowy to drive actually could have made it in.

Well, I do have a co worker who lives within spitting distance of me, so I will use him as my snowday yardstick.

The problem is that he's having an affair with my boss, so will probably come into work regardless. Oh, and then they'll both bugger off at about 12 o clock for the rest of the day, leaving me as the only one in the office.

Impossible situation.

Well, I do have a co worker who lives within spitting distance of me, so I will use him as my snowday yardstick.

The problem is that he's having an affair with my boss, so will probably come into work regardless. Oh, and then they'll both bugger off at about 12 o clock for the rest of the day, leaving me as the only one in the office.

Impossible situation.

Threaten to grass them up unless they give you some snow days .....

Oh what great timing it was when my radiator decided to spring a leak on my way home last night.

Garage can't do the job until... tomorrow morning. Could be interesting.

Stick some radweld in it and slap the car on ebay :thumb:

• Like 1

Â