Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I think Durham on talksport did a pre game piece on him today, I only caught a slight recap of it during the commentary, apparently statistically is crossing is awful, something like 4/25 won by a Leicester player but TS were saying he's one of the best crossers in the league

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think Durham on talksport did a pre game piece on him today, I only caught a slight recap of it during the commentary, apparently statistically is crossing is awful, something like 4/25 won by a Leicester player but TS were saying he's one of the best crossers in the league

His crosses have always been awful, they look fancy and he puts curl on them that makes you think they're good, but they rarely beat the first man.

Rooney is statistically one of the best passers in the league, but in reality, he often over hits, misplaces, or poorly delivers his passes. BUT if they are still completed, he statistically completed a pass. Stats don't show everything. Marc consistently puts balls in dangerous positions. If no one gets on the end of them or converts then, it will look bad on Marc, but in reality he did everything he could. 

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But how many goals are scored by crosses in the Premier league these days?  I bet 4/25 to be met by your own player is above average.  

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

without watching the games but going from watching Villa players. You can put as many great balls into the box as you want but if people arent attacking them then your stats will look awful

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Apparently going to West Brom on loan, a little surprised by that as would have thought if he was available another Prem team would have been interested, unless Leicester told him they wouldn't allow that as likely only other Premier teams interested would have been potential relegation rivals.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Paul Lambert was absolutely daft letting him go. I’d love to know his reasoning for  it given the position we were in at the time.

Didn't you see the interview?

"Pheugh...wellaha heugh...we litsa baggen fessa heughhhh...an' atsa bin taggart, bagpipes och noo. we go again".

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Didn't you see the interview?

"Pheugh...wellaha heugh...we litsa baggen fessa heughhhh...an' atsa bin taggart, bagpipes och noo. we go again".

After every match , “I thought were excellent” yes Paul Amazing we’ve just lost 8-0 🤦🏾‍♂️.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

People forget now because of the career he's gone on to have, but before he left us a lot of our fans were very negative about him.

Just like Westwood. Went on to have a very good PL career - not good enough for a struggling Villa side though. 

Â