Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Top guy, left Villa and kicked on as a player and has the rewards.

Just think, Leicester cruising to a 3-0 away win in the CL whilst Villa are trying and failing to hang on to a 1-0 scoreline at home to Brentford. Its an incredible turn of events.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

From being released by Aston Villa, to winning the title and now scoring in the Champions League. Marc Albrighton's life is basically a Disney film

Is it classed as being released when you reject a new contract in favor off doubling your wages though?

p.s i understand ur just typing what paddy powers twitter put.

That quote doesn't mention refute the idea he wanted more £ though. I heard he asked for a significant rise and it was approved, then withdrawn at the end of the season before he even got chance to sign it. Not a great way to run the club at the time, but then it is only with hindsight that I even consider it to have been the wrong decision at the time. 

15 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

That quote doesn't mention refute the idea he wanted more £ though. I heard he asked for a significant rise and it was approved, then withdrawn at the end of the season before he even got chance to sign it. Not a great way to run the club at the time, but then it is only with hindsight that I even consider it to have been the wrong decision at the time. 

Even if your rumour that he was interested in a pay rise is true, is that a problem? I am sure everyone on the planet would like a wage increase when they sign a new contract.  

That's still a long way from rejecting a contract because he wanted more money and decided to move elsewhere which is what some people have made up about him. 

from his quote it makes it sound like he was never even offered a contract. this is a lad that was queuing up for Fa Cup final tickets with fans so I trust him more than club spin on it. As ive said before he is one player when he left I will never hold a grudge against

• Like 1

He's clearly kicked on since joining Leicester but I think people are exaggerating the ability he showed when he was here in his final season or two. Clearly he would've been an asset if he were still here but he was hardly pulling up trees in his last couple of seasons either. I think the decision not to fight harder to keep him looks worse now than it actually was at the time.

Edited by Mantis

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

He's clearly kicked on since joining Leicester but I think people are exaggerating the ability he showed when he was here in his final season or two. Clearly he would've been an asset if he were still here but he was hardly pulling up trees in his last couple of seasons either. I think the decision not to fight harder to keep him looks worse now than it actually was at the time.

On the contrary, he managed to look the best player on the pitch nearly every time he was subbed on after he returned from Wigan. 

It was because Lambert was a clueless buffoon that he didn't play more. It was the same repeated pattern, over and over - shit team performance, game lost, Albrighton on, looked dangerous, not started or subbed on for the next couple of games, then shit performance, sub Albrighton on, looks the best player on the pitch, over and over again. I remember it well because I repeatedly criticised Lambert for this at the time. It's not 20/20 hindsight on my part, I knew Lambert was **** up a good thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

On the contrary, he managed to look the best player on the pitch nearly every time he was subbed on after he returned from Wigan. 

It was because Lambert was a clueless buffoon that he didn't play more. It was the same repeated pattern, over and over - shit team performance, game lost, Albrighton on, looked dangerous, not started or subbed on for the next couple of games, then shit performance, sub Albrighton on, looks the best player on the pitch, over and over again. I remember it well because I repeatedly criticised Lambert for this at the time. It's not 20/20 hindsight on my part, I knew Lambert was **** up a good thing. 

Yeah he looked ok but I don't think he looked amazing or anything. I'm not defending the decision (although I don't know the details of the situation so it's hard to comment too much), I just don't think releasing him was that much of a clanger at the time.

He's a decent player but I'm not even sure he'll do that much when/if he leaves Leicester. I'm a firm believer that a couple of individuals aside, that Leicester team isn't that great on an individual level. They just work really really well as a team.

Yes but you know what you get with Marc. He's a throwback to the old style winger who will get a yard on his  man and whip in a cross. When strikers know what is coming they can make the right runs. I think Leicester will get to the quarters of the champions league at least and Marc will play a big part in that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think Leicester will get to the quarters of the champions league at least

Really? Quarter Final at least? I can't see that somehow.

As for Albrighton, it's pretty evident that the club, once again, has dropped a massive clanger with this one. I hope he goes on to have a good career but I wish he was at Villa Park now over the seemingly constant stream of injury prone players that have played in his place since he left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

As for Albrighton, it's pretty evident that the club, once again, has dropped a massive clanger with this one. I hope he goes on to have a good career but I wish he was at Villa Park now over the seemingly constant stream of injury prone players that have played in his place since he left.

Thing is, if he'd stayed at Villa odds are he'd have been poor like everybody else. He's obviously not a poor player but this club has a habit of bringing down almost everyone to a poor level. See: Gueye.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Yes easy, they will win their group as the only threat is Porto and  should get a decent draw in the last 16. Then who knows what can happen in the quarters. 

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember that season my Dad who isnt a Villa playing saying after most games that Albrighton was only player that looked lively. Lambert was a **** clown and any manager with sense would have paired Albrighton and Benteke together

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2016 at 11:48, PaulC said:

Yes but you know what you get with Marc. He's a throwback to the old style winger who will get a yard on his  man and whip in a cross. When strikers know what is coming they can make the right runs. I think Leicester will get to the quarters of the champions league at least and Marc will play a big part in that. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this is exactly what Albrighton does very well - get ball, cross ball.  We've got Rudy Gestede as a (potential) focal point in our attack; would've been a fantastic combination IMO.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but this is exactly what Albrighton does very well - get ball, cross ball.  We've got Rudy Gestede as a (potential) focal point in our attack; would've been a fantastic combination IMO.

or before he left Benteke ;)

when Young and Downing left he was always our most positive player even when wasnt playing great he still tried make things happen and he at least cared

• Like 3

Â